Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Proraptor’s 60 Gallon Cube (24”x24”x24”)

proraptor

looks great, ya know i got a nice piece of LR if you want it. its about 12X6X5 right in the middle of this pik. (biggest rock.) This is an old pik, its got alot more corralline on it now. :)

Lemme know.

-Mike

IMG_2202.jpg

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow thats a monster piece of rock Mike..Im going to have to pull the rock out of the tank to catch a crab thats killing my fish so I ned to re-aquascape anyways..Let me know ...Thanks

BTW: I have some xenia you can have if you want it...

Got the huge piece of live rock from Mike Dedge...Easily weighs about 10 pounds...Also pulled out another stupid crab I found...New aquascape and FTS shot:

IMG_08641.JPG

looks awesome!

about your algae bloom, along with finding the source of the problem (overfeeding, dead spots, filters, etc) throw in a media filter bag full of SeaChem Phosban or something similar. It'll absorb all your phosphates and pretty much stop anymore growth =) It helped me rid myself of my hair algae. Also my flame angel's been eating it all too! wow =)

I just fragged the frilly mushrooms...Im waiting to make sure they are ok then they will be up for trades! Ill let you all know when they are ready

The reactor is working awesome. I had a reading of .5 before the reactor then I tested again a week later and had a reading of .1

Preeeeeeeeeeety please?

It doesn't have to be perfect...

Ill see what I can do tonight....I might have some on my computer....

I also just scored a huge colony of green clove polyps....Pics will be up tonight...

i vote you get a picture your crab and change it to your avatar

I keep this avatar just for you babycakes...

:P

Again, awesome setup! I'm enjoying tracking this thread.

I'm setting up my own tank, very similar to yours (30"x25"x25"), and was wondering if you could take some detailed shots of how you setup your sump/fuge with the plumbing? This will be my first time doing hardcore plumbing, so it would be awesome!

thanks =)

I would love to take some if I can get my stupid camera flash to work...

The plumbing starts out with a 1.5 inch durso standpipe thats screwed into the 1.5 inch bulkhead in the o-flow.

Ok from the 1.5 inch drain I have an immediate 1.5 inch 90 elbow

Then next I have a 1.5 inch "t" to split the drain to I can run one to the refugium and one to the sump. I used ball vales so I can control the water flow to the refugium and the sump.

The refugium then returns to the other side of the sump (going out to the pump). The pump is mounted behind the sump under the refugium (refugium sits up on a shelf in the stand). Then I used 3/4 inch soft lines from the check valve on the pump to the return bulkhead in the bottom of the tank.

Inside the overflow box I used 3/4 inch vinyl tubing to a "Y" to split the line and they run all the way up the overflow to the 3/4 inch loc line that returns the water back into the tank.

I would love to take some if I can get my stupid camera flash to work...

The plumbing starts out with a 1.5 inch durso standpipe thats screwed into the 1.5 inch bulkhead in the o-flow.

Ok from the 1.5 inch drain I have an immediate 1.5 inch 90 elbow

Then next I have a 1.5 inch "t" to split the drain to I can run one to the refugium and one to the sump. I used ball vales so I can control the water flow to the refugium and the sump.

The refugium then returns to the other side of the sump (going out to the pump). The pump is mounted behind the sump under the refugium (refugium sits up on a shelf in the stand). Then I used 3/4 inch soft lines from the check valve on the pump to the return bulkhead in the bottom of the tank.

Inside the overflow box I used 3/4 inch vinyl tubing to a "Y" to split the line and they run all the way up the overflow to the 3/4 inch loc line that returns the water back into the tank.

Thanks for the reply!

So you have your overflow drain coming horizontally out, and then an elbow immediatly for the pipe to go vertical? Do you have one ball joint on the fuge return to decrease that flow? Which inlets/outlets go on the T? Does your fuge overflow into the "intake chamber" in the middle, with a pump in the last chamber to return? I guess pix would help, but just trying to formulate my own sump designs based on you expert's setups =)

thanks again!

Archived