Coral Vue Hydros

Black and white striped worm - what is it?

muji

Hi i have about two-three of these thin worms, maybe about as thin as a toothpick and maybe 2 inches long with black and white stripes. I was reading on wetwebmedia and one of their worm id faqs say it's probably a peanut worm but I'm not too sure.

Anyone have a clue? Because if they are, then I sometimes see black / white striped things on my rocks during the daytime with the lights on and I've always thought they were my blenny's poop.

thanks in advance.

Could be, or maybe a terebellid (spaghetti) worm. I just found one in the display that had hundreds of black and white banded tendrils. Crazy fella.

A PHOTO would help a lot.

Actually they [the black/whitestripes] crawl around my flowerpot a lot at night. I also have one white worm that extends from a little hole under my ricordea mushrooms at night. It goes back into its hole when i use the flashlight on it.

caesar thanks for that page. the pictures were pretty good.

I've actually done some research on peanut worms before and the worms I have are definitely not it. Today I saw a round thing sitting on my rock which sorta looked like a peanut worm with the exception that it did not move when I poked at it. Instead it crumbled up into ash so I'll just have to conclude that the round thing was my scooter blenny's poop.

I DID however manage to extract a worm that was moving around my flower pot when the lights were off. After a very long struggle, i got it out and into the sink. Upon examination it appeared mostly white with greyish stripes AND...

GREEN bristles!

They were very fine and almost unnoticeable. Maybe one or two bristles on each side on each segmentation.

Anyone know what this worm could've been?

Archived