inTank Media Baskets

*** AquaBuys.com ***

adinsxq

Share your experience with Aquabuys here!

adview.php?clientid=61&target=_blank&n=a9280f02

Easy Aquarium Shopping

Aqua Buys is an online retailer of aquarium hobby supplies. We carry a complete line of aquarium equipment for freshwater and saltwater hobbyists in an easy to use, secure shopping environment.

Aqua Packs™

Complete aquarium equipment kits with custom instructions...only available from Aqua Buys. Look for this symbol throughout our website.

We have great prices and offer you additional value with specialized aquarium equipment starter kits. Our more advanced aquarium accessory kits, called Aqua Packs™ include complete, customized instruction booklets for easy installation and setup.

We want to make shopping for your aquarium hobby supplies as easy as possible. We offer convenient shopping 24 hours a day in our SSL secure online store. We have a complete range of aquarium equipment from simple air pumps all the way to mega gallon acrylic monster aquariums and all can be delivered right to your door.

Our shipping rates are very competitive with minimal handling fees. We recycle shipping materials and boxes when possible to reduce your shipping costs and to minimize the burden on the environment.

Customer Commitment

We will make every possible effort to ensure your satisfaction with Aqua Buys and your enjoyment of the aquarium hobby.

We have a no hassle 30 day return policy.

Our membership with the Square Trade Service allows you to purchase from Aqua Buys with confidence. We want our customers to know that we are committed to high customer service standards.

Aqua Buys is PayPal Verified!

Our membership with PIJAC (Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council) allows us to keep up with the latest information and current events in the aquatic pet industry.

Articles

As part of our Aquarium Success Series™ we have a collection of informative articles to help you understand the methods and equipment used in aquarium keeping.

Aquarium Hobby Information

The articles section of our site has a great selection of information on aquariums and aquarium keeping. Our staff has over 25 years of experience in the aquarium hobby. Over the years we have kept and maintained many types of tanks including:

* Nano Reef (Small saltwater reef tanks below 29g)

* FOWLR Marine (Saltwater "Fish Only With Live Rock")

* Reef Tank (Large saltwater reef tanks above 29g)

and

* Freshwater Community (Gourami, Guppy, Platy)

* Freshwater Planted (Both Nano style and large Discus Tanks)

* Amazon Basin (Cardinal Tetra, Angelfish)

* African Lake (Malawi and Tanganyikan Cichlids)

We would like to share our aquarium experience with you. We have written several articles on setting up these types of aquariums to guide both beginners and advanced hobbyists.

We also have several articles written by guest authors including Anthony Calfo and Bob Roberts. Please take a moment to review our articles section.

Why Aquariums?

Fish keeping is an integral part of the modern age with many people keeping an aquarium as a form of decoration or for the soothing properties of the sound of water and the sight of beautiful fish swimming. The fascination of having a replica of an aquatic ecosystem located in another part of the world, like the Great Barrier Reefs, the South American Amazonian Rivers or the mysterious African Lakes Tanganyika and Malawi, is another motivation for the aquarists. Aqua Buys enables the aquarium hobbyist to enjoy these micro aquatic ecosystems by providing some of the best equipment, supplies, information and service available to the aquarist.  

adview.php?clientid=61&target=_blank&n=a9280f02

I just recieved my iceprobe chiller 2 days ago, on 10-04-05. However, i ordered it on 8-13-05 on sale for 84 bucks. They did not inform me that they were backordered until after I had brought the item. Of course they offered me a choice of a refund or wait (they didn't say how long tho). Overall, good communication, good price, but wouldn't buy from again.

I built one of the first MH Nano Cubes using Aquabuys 70W MH retro kit.

Good price, fast shipping, great quality items, and all the components I needed for a safe DYI such as UV-protected glass and electronic ballast.

• 2 weeks later...

Sam at aquabuys is great! I'm local to him, so I just go and pick up my orders. He and his wife are always extremely friendly and helpful. I exchanged a PH recently for a smaller size w/out any hassle. Great prices and great service IME.

I bought both of my 12OG nano cubes from AquaBuys through an eBay auction. Great prices, and wonderful customer service. One of my cubes arrived broken and they both arrived with the wrong bulbs - my only complaint - but he replaced the broken cube, no questions asked, and sent me replacement bulbs.

Overall, good experience and I'd buy from him again.

• 3 months later...

I just bought a 12 gal DX nano cube from Aquabuys last weekend. I live near them so I was able to go personally and pick it up. While I was there I got to meet Sam and talked to him about reefing for quite a while, he seems to be very nice and willing to help. Without my asking, he opened up the nano cube box and carefully inspected the tank for any scratches/cracks.

I would definitely buy from him again. :)

• 1 month later...

Sam is a great guy. But CL, how does Florida = close to Aquabuys (in Lawrenceville, GA)? maybe you just haven't updated your location

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Gordon

I'm waiting on a response for a problem I am having. I ordered the Coralife Aqualight Advanced 150w 20,000K HQI Hang-On Tank model. I got it yesterday, and even though their website says it comes with a 20K bulb, it is in fact a 14K model. The box says 14K and the bulb is a 14K. I wasn't going to complain because it's not that big of a deal. But, then I opened the box to set it up and I see that not only is the bulb the wrong K rating, it's a used one too. It's all brown and when you turn it on it puts out the ugliest yellow light. Anyway, I've contacted them by e-mail today. I'm hoping they respond soon or I'll have to give them a call too.

Sam is a great guy. But CL, how does Florida = close to Aquabuys (in Lawrenceville, GA)? maybe you just haven't updated your location

Hey Calvin, I lived in Atlanta until February (I am now in Florida).

And Steve, i would go ahead and give Sam a call

Steve Gordon

Well, after talking with Sam and sending him some pictures I am very happy to say this will all be resolved very soon. Sam contacted Coralife on my behalf and they are sending me the correct bulb. Apparently Coralife switched the standard bulb from 20K to 14K, but did not notify Aquabuys so they could change their website. Sam was very helpful and understanding. I'm glad I chose them to purchase my new light.

• 3 months later...

ordered the bulk of my set up from these people and they rocked. I even had to cancel an order and instead of trying to talk me in to something he just chatted about my set up and plans very nice people

• 5 months later...
entheoorchestro

I ordered the 12 gallon AP from Aquabuys, and its awesome. Shipped over the holidays w/o any problems. Package came unblimished and the tank has zero defects. I would definately reccomend This company.

• 1 month later...

I get all my stuff locally from Sam @ Aquabuys and can't speak highly enough of him.

My room mate and I ordered about 80 lbs of live rock from him last week, even though he didn't have any in stock. He went to the airport (hour drive, no traffic, FOREVER with traffic) to pick it up for us and met us at his office at around 8:30 PM to pass the rock off to us. Great guy, great business.

A+

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the 70watt MH DIY kit got exactly what I wanted. Everything came in a nice little package on time with nothing missing. I will order from them again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Obsessed Reefer

Made multiple purchases with aqua buys in the past month. Same 2 day shipping speed for each purchase. Great to deal with.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a 12g NanoCube from AquaBuys recently. I am extremely pleased with the great service and order speed, not to mention the good prices. I will definately order from AquaBuys again.

• 2 years later...

I'm currently going through the same issue with Aquabuys.com I didn't head the warnings here and other places concerning their inventory problems. I purchased a Nova Extreme Light late on August 25th and then when I returned to the site the item no longer appeared. I immediately called (next day) and was assured that the item was in stock and would ship on that day. Returned to the site again at the end of the second day and my order was listed as "backordered." I've emailed them requesting the order be cancelled and have not heard back. I call and get VM but no one has returned my call yet.

I had never ordered from them before but was looking for a vendor closer to me in the NE thinking items would get to me faster then if I ordered from other vendors..most of which are in CA.

I'll never go to Aquabuys again. PAY ATTENTION TO REVIEWS. You'll always here good stuff but be aware of the bad.

Archived