Top Shelf Aquatics

hermit shaped like finger leather?!

FamousGuy

Today i was at tats in ventura and my gf was like "whats that" and i looked and said "small finger leather of some kind" and she was all "its got a crab in it" and i thought maybe she meant a small crab was hanging out in the leather, but then i saw the fingers were actually  some hermits SHELLS, has anyone ever seen these crazy looking hermits?

I'm not sure what you mean here but, Hermits will take anyshell that is available to them there are some larger predatory snails/mollusks that have "spiny" shells that could look like a finger leather I Guess? or maybe these were decorater crabs that have attached a finger-leather to thier shells.

HTH,

Toy

all the hermits in the one tank had this particular weird shell....i'm thinking maybe the store just got these weird shells and put em in the tank for the hermits as a marketing thing or whatever.  They were hard shells, kinda like skinny nautilus' with about four or five "sharp fingers" running right down the middle.  I know grtdane goes to that store maybe he knows what im talking about

they had these at my lfs and the owner told me what they were but i cant remember. they have this coral actually growing on them.  what the heck was it...

Archived