inTank Media Baskets

Current USA "Fission" Nanoskimmer

ccjung

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this skimmer work in an eclipse 12 with stock hood and filter in place? Is the complete skimmer submersible, or does part need to be out of the water?

Thanks for your quick response. I just pre-ordered one. Please excuse my ignorance, but can I run this just a couple times/week, or is it running all the time?

Just an update for everyone on the Nano-Skimmers.

They have left the manufacturer and are on the way here. Since they were all packed into some wooden crates, we were not able to ship them via air and they shipped via ocean freight.

I apologize on the delay, the skimmer uses a foam pad the help decrease the micro-bubbles that escape it. After you wash the foam pad, it doesn't work as well and you get a lot of bubble dispersion. So instead of making customers purchase additional foam pads, we included extra sets in it at no charge.

They should be arriving here in about 2 weeks.

I've got one working in one of our Aquapods and I'll be sending Chris some photos to post. Any feedback/suggestions/ideas would be awesome.

Thanks Again,

Ike

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the videos, really cool. I almost feel bad for you that everyone is bothering you so much about these! haha, you should be a sales rep. for current usa! Anyway, can't wait till mine comes in the mail, I placed a pre-order about 3 weeks ago. Thanks again! Tim K.

Over the weekend I was able to capture some video of the skimmer in action.

Sorry that it is in portrait mode, youll have to turn your head to see whats going on.

Skimmate

skimmate.jpg

Running

http://www.nanocustoms.com/nanocustoms_reef/fission/1.avi

Startup

http://www.nanocustoms.com/nanocustoms_reef/fission/2.avi

Chris

Still waiting guys. Thanks in advanced for your patience. I really appreciate those of you who have sat tight as this product comes to fruition.

Chris

Still waiting guys. Thanks in advanced for your patience. I really appreciate those of you who have sat tight as this product comes to fruition.

Chris

No problem Chris.

Bob

I Know everyone has been really anxious about the fission skimmers, so here is the latest update.

I spoke with Ike today to get an ETA.

He expects them in late this week or early next week.

Once they get in stock, they will start shipping in the order recieved.

I will have enough skimmers for all that preordered, but processing that many packages will take some time.

I sincerely appreciate all of the patience everyone has had with preorders of this product.

In an ideal world, a manufacturers release date is always met, but in reality, delays occur.

Thanks for your continued support of Nanocustoms.

Chris

my question was never answered so here it is again

what chamber would it go in on a 12g original nano cube? im guessing the first one on the left

Skimmate looks a little thin to me. Hopefuly it will pull a little thicker from my tank.

I am psyched about finally getting this bad boy hoked up and running in my 20L though!

Charris - Sorry - everytime you post it looks like a slew of posts follow. Its kinda hard to keep up.

I dont have an OG available, but I would wager it would fit in any of the chambers, as teh design is similar.

Leo10988 - I think other vendors should be getting some too. I had dibs on the first 1000 units to come over, but decided to share the distribution, by limiting my first order to 300. This should leave plenty for LFS and other retailers to sell them too.

IN OTHER NEWS

Hi everyone.

This is a heads up that I will be on vacation from 11/18 to 11/26 over the thanksgiving holiday.

During this time, email responses will be less rapid and there will be no phone support for nanocustoms/nanotuners.

SKIMMER UPDATE

The skimmers have "pre-cleared customs" and Current expects them in early next week. I will get them the next day and my employee, Nick (Nickeleye) will be packing and fulfilling the skimmer orders.

They will be shipped in the order recieved and everyone will recieve tracking information once their order has packed. They should be trackable a few hours after shipment.

I appreciate the support through this long ordeal with the skimmers. They are COMING!!!

Chris

Hope this helps

Chris

Archived