Innovative Marine Aquariums

Current USA "Fission" Nanoskimmer

ccjung

This was posted in "nanocustoms news 2.0" in the sponsor forum.

I know everyone has been anxious for this product, but we are almost there!!!

The collection cup must stay above the water level. It is adjustable via the suction cup location, or by controlling the water level in the back.

yes, it will fit in any of the chambers of the 12g DX. As configurations may vary, its really up to you as to where you'd like it placed.

The first chambers of the 12g OG and DX are nearly identical, I still havent brought a wall from an OG to the shop to try fitting it.

I will post pics when i know, but I would say that most likely it will fit.

Hope this helps

Chris

Awesome!!! Thanks Chris, even though I already have one on order which I would use in a future tank if need be I'D LOVE to use it on my Nano 12OG. Will be wiating for your answer.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishMaster1000

When you say the collection cup must be higher than water level and that is adjustable by the suction cups. What about us Nc6 owners who have to remove the suction cups? How would you get around that? :mellow:

There are 2 sets of suction cups, one on the body of the skimmer and another set on the pump.

The suction cups that need to be removed for NC 6 owners are on the pump, so the suction cups on the body of the skimmer can still be used.

Hope this helps

Chris

So I know the big concern is whether it fits in the 12 gallon but one of my concerns it the water level in the sump area. I have a DIY skimmer I an using right now until I find more info on how this bad boy works, but my problem is as the water level evaporates my skimming efficiency is reduced. How does this skimmer deal with water line in the sump? and how low does the water line need to be to not have the skimmer overflowing into the cup?

Thanks.

I have confirmation from Ike that the skimmers are on their way from overseas. Barring any customs delays, I am optimistic that they will be here later this week and will get them out once i get them in my hands.

I want to thank everyone for their patience.

Hope this helps

Chris

I have confirmation from Ike that the skimmers are on their way from overseas. Barring any customs delays, I am optimistic that they will be here later this week and will get them out once i get them in my hands.

I want to thank everyone for their patience.

Hope this helps

Chris

GIGITTY GIGITTY!

*does the robot*

I just preordered one yeterday and I'm happy to hear the news!

Woo Hoo!!! I cant wait.

From Experience...I will start applauding after it works. Sounds to good to be true? Don't know how effective 4 inches of skimming surface will be, but I'm willing to give it a try. If it works...Your the man! If it don't, it's just another $35 bucks that flew out the window. But we're in this for the sport..not because it's cheap! I should quit smoking!!!!

Sorry to be a pessimist, but it this critter hasn't even been put into use yet and its already on its second revision. I haven't been able to find it on any web site either. I hope it to works 'cause I really want one but if it its crappolla, then I have to go the UnderTheRadar route and make my own. Too many products are being rushed into production as "Cube" accessories since its a niche that just beginning to be filled.

Maybe we'll get some reviews before X-Mas. I might just wait for the third revision or better yet....I'll wait to see the mods that the inventive Cubers do to it to get better performance.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but it this critter hasn't even been put into use yet and its already on its second revision. I haven't been able to find it on any web site either. I hope it to works 'cause I really want one but if it its crappolla, then I have to go the UnderTheRadar route and make my own. Too many products are being rushed into production as "Cube" accessories since its a niche that just beginning to be filled.

Maybe we'll get some reviews before X-Mas. I might just wait for the third revision or better yet....I'll wait to see the mods that the inventive Cubers do to it to get better performance.

Most products go through dozens of revisions before they are ever released. Its only that we dont hear about thier procedures until the first release comes out. Chris is nice enough to keep us up to date on the inside information.

I doubt this will be the best skimmer out there, but its definatly worth the $28 I paid just to get one and test it out. Heck, pretty much every piece of coral or fish in my tank cost almost as much or more, so price is no big deal. And if it does work well, even better. Its not like paying $150 to find out a Prism sucks.

You wont find it on other websites yet because the item has not been released yet. I think we are really lucky to have Chris from Nanotuners let us know about this while they are in the prototype phase.

The "fission" looks great, can't wait to try it.

I'm wondering though, is it cold fission? Free energy? The end to man's dependence on oil? j/k of course! LOL.

Its not like paying $150 to find out a Prism sucks.

I have two prisms running and they both do great. One on a 32G reef and the other on a 55G community tank. My CPR bakpak sitting on the shelf in the garage...now that sucks!

Chris, will it fit into a AC300 fuge? If the elbow was set to the side, so the powerhead would sit to the side of the skimmer cylinder, what dimensions would it be.... length, depth, width... please let me know... so wanting this to work for my existing 2.5....

I'm hoping it'll fit in the back of my Aquaclear Mini. Its a bit wider than 2" so I think it'll fit and the water level is 5" high. Oh wait, the pump takes up 2-3" so I guess its not going to work if the skimmer is submerged in only 2-3" of water. I can give it a try anyways.

Still shooting for early next week.

Last I talked to current, they were inbound and barring customs delays, should be on track for next week.

Thanks for the patience

Chris

Thats gunna be alot of Microbubbles in the chamber, is there a way to help eliminate them before they go into the display? Or do they go away after a break in period?

The microbubbles have been my biggest concern as well.. Luckily there hasnt been any microbubbles in the display of the nanocube (chamber keeps them from entering the pump as they float up)

Also, I have noticed that as the unit has broken in, the microbubbles have reduced significantly.

Chris

Archived