Innovative Marine Aquariums

Current USA "Fission" Nanoskimmer

ccjung

reeferSamster
When you dry skim, it gives the protines more time to break down and put Nitrates in the tank which will break down even more to make Amonia.

Nitrate does not break down to form ammonia. Its the other way around Right?

Sorry, but I need to know for MY knowledge..I thought the nitrogen cycle was ammonia-->then nitrites--> THEN nitrates..

Or am I just getting confused. ( I sucked at chem 101 in college)

:lol:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nitrate does not break down to form ammonia. Its the other way around Right?

Sorry, but I need to know for MY knowledge..I thought the nitrogen cycle was ammonia-->then nitrites--> THEN nitrates..

Or am I just getting confused. ( I sucked at chem 101 in college)

:lol:

That is my understanding as well. I have never heard of nitrates breaking down into ammonia.

As promised, I was finally able to get the Pump and elbows on the production skimmer.

It has no problems fitting in the 12 and 24g Nano Cubes. I have placed them in there with the UV sterilizer since so many have been asking about that as well.

Nanocube 12 - Will fit in ANY chamber

fission_uv_12g.jpg

Nanocube 24 - Will fit in ANY chamber

fission_uv_24g.jpg

Nanocube 6 - Is tight in Chamber 1 and would require the removal of suction cups to fit, but it will fit.

fission_uv_6g.jpg

Any word on when they will get to you? I am realy getting anxious. You said in a PM that they told you that the skimmers should be out right about this time now, has it been delayed or should I expect shippment within the next week or two?

Chris, will it fit into a AC300 fuge? If the elbow was set to the side, so the powerhead would sit to the side of the skimmer cylinder, what dimensions would it be.... length, depth, width... please let me know... so wanting this to work for my existing 2.5....

Great info...

Can we get this detail of info on the Aquapods yet? Places are selling them...but to try and get any real info about them is a teeth pulling excercise.

I have 2 copies, a VERY early prototype of the 12 and a near production 24.

I will be photographing them and getting dimensions tomorrow.

They should be out mid to late november, but ultimately its up to Current to make an official announcement.

Stay Tuned

Chris

sorry if this offends anyone...

but if you've got a UV sterilizer on your reef tank, you might want to rethink some things.

find the source, don't treat the symptoms.

After looking hard at the picture on Chris' website, I think I got a rough estimate on the dimensions... I'm not saying it's perfect, but a good guess for those who are interested.

I based my dimensions on the only measurements Current USA gives (Skimmer shaft: 6.5" tall, 2" wide) and on the photo on Chris' website.... Chris can you confirm this?

Elbows/Output Tube is 3-3.25" elbow to elbow. 1.75" from skimmer shaft to elbow.

Power head is roughly 2.25" in length... 1.75" depth... 2" width...

If these dimensions are correct... (btw, this is not the real dimensions... so no flaming please if wrong... you can do this yourself if you want)... then you can piece together the parts in your mind, using the pictures for reference as the elbow/tubes are mounted in different places and positions... and just do the math. You can at least have a rough estimate of what to anticipate.

Dimensions do not include Intake lip on power head or suction cups...

Question for whoever !

Right now I have some floss and micron pads in chamber one, if i put this skimmer in there I assume I can do away with the floss and micron sheets.

From what I have seen with other skimmer, it looked like to me that the collection cup is above the water, maybe I'm wrong I'm new to SW.

PS CHRIS: It looks like the elbow sticks out on the 6Gal. Once the skimmer squeezes into the chamber, the only thing thats removed daily is the top cup I assume.

Thanks

Rich K

Chris,

I have also ordered one of these skimmers now for sometime and am also looking forward to receiving it. I do have a question that has not be asked; Will this Protien Skimmer work in an older model 12g OG model with the "FOUR" chambers in the back? Also I've been trying to reach you as I want to order some fan upgrades as well so you could send everything out at the same time when you finally do get the skimmer. Thanks again for all your help.

Luis

Oh God! omgomgomg

Finally! I can wait to received my Aquapod 12, nano skimmer, 9UV, and 32W PC retrofit.

The waiting is killing me. Thanks Chris for the info and the estimated time of the Aquapod delivery. I will try to put myself toghether and wait.

at leats right now I'm cycling my 55 gallons reef aquarium. My wife is going to kill me when she discovers that I also plan to have a seahorse corner aquarim.

FishMaster1000

Woo.. It fits in the 6!! 2nd Chamber I suppose as well? Looks like I'll be getting one of these!! Is it just me or does it look like the pipes are hanging over the edge of the cover on the Nc6?

FishMaster1000

Thanks for the quick response as always! Does the whole skimmer submerge? Or does the collection cup stay above the water? Is there enough room for that...

hi, Chris,

Is it possible to put this in the third chamber of NC12 which already has a mini-jet 606 there? Is there enough room to work around? I have chamber 1 and 2 filled with LR rubble and chaeto (with fuge mode over chamber 1&2), and it would be best I dont have to remove them. If I can have both, I'll definitely get one.

Thank you.

Rocko

Thanks Chris for the pictures!

Sorry for another question... Does it fit in a 12 gallon OG?

I didnt find the answer in the thread. Thanks!

-Ray

Rayhwong,

Thats the same exact question I asked here yesterday and am waiting for an answer. Will it fit in a 12OG???

Thanks again.

This was posted in "nanocustoms news 2.0" in the sponsor forum.

For everyone wondering (I know there are a lot of you), the Fission Nano-Skimmers will be available in the beginning of November. We did some tweaking on the unit before it shipped, so it was a little delayed. Chris is already helping us work on a second version of it.

The 12 and 24 gallon AquaPods should also be available in November.

Thanks for everyone's support - we are excited to launch these and a few other future "Nano-Reef" products with Chris and our distributors.

- Ike

Current USA Inc.

I know everyone has been anxious for this product, but we are almost there!!!

Thanks for the quick response as always! Does the whole skimmer submerge? Or does the collection cup stay above the water? Is there enough room for that...

The collection cup must stay above the water level. It is adjustable via the suction cup location, or by controlling the water level in the back.

hi, Chris,

Is it possible to put this in the third chamber of NC12 which already has a mini-jet 606 there? Is there enough room to work around? I have chamber 1 and 2 filled with LR rubble and chaeto (with fuge mode over chamber 1&2), and it would be best I dont have to remove them. If I can have both, I'll definitely get one.

Thank you.

Rocko

yes, it will fit in any of the chambers of the 12g DX. As configurations may vary, its really up to you as to where you'd like it placed.

Thanks Chris for the pictures!

Sorry for another question... Does it fit in a 12 gallon OG?

I didnt find the answer in the thread. Thanks!

-Ray

The first chambers of the 12g OG and DX are nearly identical, I still havent brought a wall from an OG to the shop to try fitting it.

I will post pics when i know, but I would say that most likely it will fit.

Hope this helps

Chris

Archived