SaltCritters.com

Current USA "Fission" Nanoskimmer

ccjung

no i was hoping you would make conserted effort w/ nanocustoms to make a prototype design. im sure many nanoreefers, including myself would be very interested. we all support more options.

like i said, im not familar with your skimmer, but if chris recommends you, than im sure it has a lot of potential.

even if you didnt come finalize a patent, most reefers would i think respect that this is your idea. just like another reefer with his nimble.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Undertheradar

lol. Hey, I would like to perfect the design. I have seen them up close, and taken measurements, but I would need a NC that I could get hands-on with to make sure everything works properly. I already have a unique design that takes advantage of what I see in the back chambers for a NC...just need to 'fit it'. I just dont see myself buying a NC for this reason alone, as I dont plan to keep a NC otherwise. So either I have to find a great deal on a used NC and buy it for the greater good of NC's everywhere (dont see that happening), or someone I know has to let me use one for a week or two.

Im not a believer in patents otherwise. The only reason I ever went after one is because my designs were using injectors in the beginning. Once I went asperating/reverse-ventri, I realized I could duck the need to set my design apart from another-so-similar to avoid a lawsuit. It simply isnt needed any more. Not to mention, I find patents on such simple devices to be stupid. AquaC's patent was the thorn in my side for a long time...a patent which is pretty much a patent on using a garden hose nozzle spraying into a bucket to make bubbles...yeah, real 'genius' work there.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me as well in this every changing experience. Your feedback and problems have helped me improve so many things along the way.

Ray, I am interested. I'll PM you. The light is no problem. I wont need to set it up to test. I will simply fill it with old water from another tank...nice and gunky...just to get it right.

is there any new info on the Fission" Protien Skimmer, i have a 12g delux and would really like to order one, but first i want to know if it will fit.

I really was hoping to see some pictures of this working in a 24gal nano cube before ordering. Would have liked to have seen what kind of junk it may pull I know every tank bioload is different but just to see it fit and work. I guess not. I ordered one today.

Thanks for the order.

I am getting the elbows in the next few days and will take a picture.

Im POSITIVE it will fit in the 24g tho, its the 12 that really needs to be "proven" although i would say its a strong "Maybe".

Chris

FishMaster1000
Originally posted by debbeach13

I really was hoping to see some pictures of this working in a 24gal nano cube before ordering. Would have liked to have seen what kind of junk it may pull I know every tank bioload is different but just to see it fit and work. I guess not. I ordered one today.

Do you have any idea if it will fit on the 6 gallon? I hope so??? ???

compulou, I just PMed Chris about when we will get the skimmers, and he said Current USA said to expect them Mid-Late October.

My guess is Early to Mid November though ;)

I havent been using the skimmer lately because I want the PRODUCTION version in hand before i can say anything else. The elbows, the pump (my prototype is a lower GPH), and some other nuances are different from the production version.

They have been behind schedule (understandable.. this week is "Backer" a huge tradeshow")

Its important to understand that my relationship with these manufacturers are not an entitlement. They leak this info to me, and I leak it to you guys as a courtesy.

I understand however, that everyones very anxious.

Here are some photos of the Skimmer in action on a 12g Aquapod at Current USA.

I will say however, that in my experience with the preproduction versions, I got some very very thick skimmate once the foam went from wet to dry.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks for being patient.

Thanks Chris, you have been very kind and patient with us. Thak you for taking your time to add the photos and all that stuff. As soon as the Aquapod 12 and the skimmer is availabl on stock in Nanocustoms, I will make an order.

I can't wait to be back to my reefkeeping hobby.

Archived