Cultivated Reef

Current USA "Fission" Nanoskimmer

ccjung

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Want to buy one for my 10 gallon, but I dont have a sump or nothing like that just a regular AGA 10 gallon will it work if I put it inside behind my rock work?

I Want to buy one for my 10 gallon, but I dont have a sump or nothing like that just a regular AGA 10 gallon will it work if I put it inside behind my rock work?

Yes Leo it will work.

Just use it in the tank without the elbows most likely.

Coralbuff

shao-lin nano
Ccjung,

i was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

1. will the fission skimmer fit into a back chamber of the 12g aquapod?

2. what is the stock pump rate on the 12g aquapod?

3. could you upgrade the lighting on a stock 12g aquapod?

4. do the aquapods contain a tight fitting lid? ( i am intrested in getting one of the smaller flasher wrasses for my nano)

Thanks

Look here, it'll answer some of your questions.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...opic=69950&st=0

Well, I ran my F-Skimmer all night long, and got a colection cup full of green slime-like stuff. Tank is looking good too :D

Travis,

I am just wondering how high do you have you pump turned up. I had my up all the way,and the skimmer just overflows with white bubbles and fills up with clear water. Any suggestions.

Whats up all, I know my F Skimmer is at my UPS Store so I have to pick it up today. I want to install it today but have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone tried on their 12G OG Yet?

2. I was thinking of putting it in the first chamber, what have you guys done with the sponges that are there? I want to make sure the larger detrius is picked up?

Thanks all.

I got my skimmer on Friday, thanks for the fast shipping Chris!

I tried to install it in a 12g OG and I tried to match the config in the pictures posted, but I can not get it to fit in either of the chambers. Are the OG chambers smaller than the DX? Has anyone been able to fit it into an OG cube?

It looks like I will have to cut the elbows shorter.

I also had cracked elbows, but I can get new ones from Ike.

I got my skimmer on Friday, thanks for the fast shipping Chris!

I tried to install it in a 12g OG and I tried to match the config in the pictures posted, but I can not get it to fit in either of the chambers. Are the OG chambers smaller than the DX? Has anyone been able to fit it into an OG cube?

It looks like I will have to cut the elbows shorter.

I also had cracked elbows, but I can get new ones from Ike.

Hi Ray,

The older 12og chamber is 3 3/8" wide. The dx is 4 1/4" I think some of the newer og's

have the wider chamber. The older has 4 compartments and the newer has 3 compartments. If yours is the 3 chamber design it should fit. If it is the older 4 chamber design you "may" have to dremel the top of the divider and run the pump in one compartment and the skimmer in another using elbows and tubeing. The dremel notch at the top of the divider would allow hood clearance of the Tubing/Elbows.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Coralbuff

Thanks Coralbuff!

I have the older 4 chamber design. I think I will have to dremel the divider to fit the elbows in or cut the elbows shorter and use epoxy to seal it tight.

-Ray

Adjust it so that the bubbles barely reach the top of the collection nozzle. If you leave it there, there will be a frothy foam that will contain lots of quality skimmate.

Hope this helps

Chris

Im still waiting on my skimmer...and I have been checking my tracking number. It says that the package is still sitting in CA after an arrival scan...but never had a departure scan done in the past 4 days. I assume it is still sitting there? It says that it should arrive on the 6th, but it is still in California. Is this something I should be worried about or no?

Im still waiting on my skimmer...and I have been checking my tracking number. It says that the package is still sitting in CA after an arrival scan...but never had a departure scan done in the past 4 days. I assume it is still sitting there? It says that it should arrive on the 6th, but it is still in California. Is this something I should be worried about or no?

When did you get your tracking number? We haven't received any information on our pre order.

kid - ygpm. I pm'd you the tracking number.

Audiocontrol - Fedex seems to be lagging on updating its status (I assume due to the christmas rush). If you dont see anything by tomorrow afternoon, give me a call or call fedex direct at

800 GO FEDEX.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Has anyone tried hooking a tube to the collection cup for the skimmate to flow out into a bucket? I figured that was what the plug in the collection cup was for. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Hey all, I'm kind of irked by the fact that we are now finding out the this skimmer will need a fair amount of modifications for it to fit the 12g OG after several attempts from myself and others here asking over and over again if it will fit and being told again over and over again that it "should" drop in. I am in no way shape or form belittling what Chris and all other Nano pioneers here have done as it has allowed us to enjoy our common love with more ease and effectiveness. It’s just that now if I can’t or don’t want to have to mod this thing to fit what am I going to do with it? I did order one and it should be arriving at my UPS Store tomorrow. Sorry for ranting but it’s just that I’ve had this thing on order for two months and was more than excited about getting it here to me. Thanks for letting me rant here and I’m sure I’ll get some crap for this but I had to speak my mind.

Later

ok, it is in lewisberry PA now. At least it is on the right coast!, haha. It seems they just forgot to scan a departure tag on the product. O well, all is good. I am actually excited if the skimmer does not fit. I got a new dremel and kit for my birthday a few months back, and I am excited to mod the piping if it does not fit in the OG nanocube...part of the fun i guess.

Archived