Innovative Marine Aquariums

40 uniquarium

one8thscale

one8thscale

richg

Thanks. I'll post some pics of the back setup. I took some pics already because someone ask the same question. Just haven't had time to post them yet, but I will. PM me so we can figure out a time if you still want to stop by.

Jeff's Exotic fish is right here in Gardena. They have stores in OC too. Go to exoticfish.com for address and contact. Staff there are very helpful.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are the back pics that I promised.

UNIback_topDown.jpg

UNIbackFront.jpg

backTopDown.jpg

LMK if you have any other questions.

looks great - thanks for the pics. -- How deep is the cheato. Does it go all the way to the bottom?

Yep, all the way to the bottom.

man that's awesome. I'd love to swing over and check it out if it's cool. I'm trying to be as cautious as possible to set this up correctly from the start so it does'nt cost me an arm and a leg down the line. you can e-mail me if it's cool - if not, no sweat. groundcontrolone@hotmail.com

thanks

rg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Riddle me this, would it work to buy a 40B and make a false wall, turning it into a kind of getto uniquarium? You could make the chambers like 4-5 inchs wide and still have a deeper display than most tanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sweet tank! so its basically the dimensions of a 30L, with a 3" sump thingy in the back.. Hows the skimmer on that thing... ? Thinking of upgrading to a similar sized tank. Can't decide between an acrylic w/ built in stuff, or a 30L with a Coral Life 65 hanging on the back.. I guess w/ the uniquarium you get the spot in back for a fuge.. hmmm decisions decisions.. :-)

one8thscale

Yep. The skimmer is not that great, okay but, it's no Deltec, but enough. I also have cheato so that helps.

Yeah it will be a tough call. There really isn't much room to work with in the back and in the front. I wish I had a deeper tank. Actually thinking about removing even more rock. Anyway, I say go with a drilled tank with sump.

tank looks great but i would move that torch over ... it looks like it could send out some sweepers and hit the corals near it

one8thscale
tank looks great but i would move that torch over ... it looks like it could send out some sweepers and hit the corals near it

yeah it actually stung some zoas that were below it, other than that it doesn't bother the hammer or frogspawn.

Update:

Got a new echino.

OrangePinkechino2.jpg

OrangePinkechino.jpg

FTS:

FTS051607.jpg

one8thscale
Not seeing the suncoral did that "move on" ?

Yeah, something happened to my tank where all my suncorals and my dendros went down hill at the same time. Both suncoral colonies are gone, did everything I could to get them back but no luck. I lost a couple of heads on my dendro colony but some survied and new babies are growing. Everything else in the tank is fine. Moved all of my SPS to the prop tank. Starting to put some SPS back in.

Tank looks incredible! Looks larger than 40Gal!

Thanks! I still feel like I have no room in this tank.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived