Cultivated Reef

What Seahorses

Snoop

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Reef_Mad_Man

No problem guy!

A fine would have been the least of your worries, try Juvinile detention plus LARGE fines as well as fines and or jail time for your folks.

http://www.floridamarine.org/features/view...le.asp?id=23440

Please read up on the laws before you take anything.

I dont want to see you get into BIG trouble at such a young age or see you rape the reef.

Rape the reef...lolololol...ya i dont want to get into trouble

Umm.... I don't know if you know this, but by Florida Wildlife Commision....

I have read that Soft Corals may be taken, only hard corals may not be :)

All harvest of the following species is prohibited, unless it is pursuant to a research permit:

Live rock (except harvested by aquaculture)

Bahama starfish

Longspine urchin

Any sea fan of the species Gorgonia flabellum or of the species Gorgonia ventalina

Any hard or stony coral (Order Scleractinia)

Any fire coral (Genus Millepora)

I don't see Soft Corals.

Originally posted by CGNano

And concerning Fishing Licenses, residents under 16 don't need them :)

realy..do you mean cant get them or dont need them...if not im off to the beach..lol..no LR though

Snoop, if you want clams, keep in mind that any under 3" are going to be MUCH harder to care for, especially the 1-2 inchers.

The larger the body of water the more stable your temp and salenity should become actualy. Wierd.

CGNANO:

True but at least I am not the one taking it from the reef. OR telling poeple to go and do it! SHEASH!

ALWAYS ask if it is aquacultered too. BTW now days, MOST coral you'll find in most reputable LFS's are aquacultered, online or off line.

I did my research before hand too. There are morals that govern us all. Decide what yours are.

Like I said in the PM homey. Youhave to totaly start new, old substrate can be used but you must rinse it very well in fresh saltwater. ( If we are talking about you still wanting to try dwarves?) No live rock, no corals ,no protien skimmer, and no other fish. Fresh salt water and wait for it all to fully cycle again.

This will ensure that you have a good solid base to start with, with no predtory species hidden in rock or sand.

Archived