Coral Vue Hydros

What Seahorses

Snoop

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clean the filter VERY well and either get some one to do it for me, or use an intank hatchery as a last resort fed with an automatic fish feeder set at 12 hours to drop eggs in the hatchery. I say last resort because the tank is realy to small to hatch them in tank. I usualy just get my pal to do it for me while I am gone or have my friend who owns an LFS watch over them in his store until I get back (5.5g is prety easy to relocate a 1/4 mile away! LOL!)

but that is if I am going to be gone for more than 3 days or so.

If it is less I just drop eggs in the tank and hope for the best if I cant get any one to watch them and feed them for me while I am away.

Thats prety rare though and VERY RISKY.

Hello, Snoop, i'm thirteen also and I barely have enough time to care for my reef, so I can go ahead and guess you probably won't have enough time to care for a Seahorse.

I personally enjoy caring for Pom Pom Crabs and Derasa Clams. I think you could easily handle a Derasa if you are interested in clams.

I wouldn't start out with Three Maxima Clams, they are very hard to care for...

Why not try a single Derasa or Squasmosa? How intense is your lighting?

CgNano check your PM's i sent you one....if you dont know where they are fo to the top can click on user cp and then there will be a list of however meany you have....no i dont frag bacause all i have is a favia, mushrooms, and about 8 polyps of zoos...the favia and the zoos (which i just found today) came on my LR..

I know a great place in South FL to find Zooanthids.

I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, and then West Palm Beach.

As long as you can snorkel you can get the Zooanthids ;o

Quote:

By the way, for any of you "Conservasionists" collecting Zoa's is totally legal

Hey

"Conservasionists"...how do they get those ones at the store..lol..unless there aquacultured

"As long as you can snorkel you can get the Zooanthids ;o"

WRONG

"By the way, for any of you "Conservasionists" collecting Zoa's is totally legal "

AND WRONG.

You can NOT simply go snorkeling and snatch coral up.

You have to have a fishing liscense, SCRAPE THEM FROM THE LIVE ROCK(it is illegal to remove rock from the waters in florida save for 1 suqare inch per piece of coral)

AND you are only allowed a VERY small amount per dive per day with a fishing liscense.

You kids are young and should REALY be concetrating on ways to save a reef and grow your own versus raping the local snorkeling hole in the ocean for polyps.

Archived