Cultivated Reef

The weather is nicer lets Trade!

Toyfreek

I have some stuff to frag out and I am always looking for new interesting corals, anyone wanna trade via express two day US mail. costs like $11.00 for a VCR tape sized box you can fit two film containers in each box. I got: White Pom Pom xenia, Xenia elongatta, ricordia shrooms (tan/purple, Green/tan, Light blue), Green star polyps, Blue shrooms, red shrooms, fiji yellow toadstool (sarcophtyn elegans), Bright yellow devils hand leather, branching gorgonian, assorted sps.

Maybe someone could set up a page like on Reef Central? anyhoo if you wanna E-mail me and we'll chat.

Toy

Nishant3789

i agree Toy, but u need not send it second day air, shrooms should do fine with regular postage or so i have heard! im interested in shrooms- i wanna start propogating them, how much for em? thanks

nishant

p.s e-mail me or PM me for my address

hey guys thanks for the response.

Nishant,

I'm not selling anything Trades only please. I have found that second day priority mail sometimes takes up to a week. there is no garunteee with the Good ole US postal service. But its cheap! last year out of about 5 frags sent to me 4 survived and one shroom came in stinky and gooey. I wouldn't wanna even think about regular delivery.

I sent you guys back mesages i think i got you all if not Lemme know.

Toy

(Edited by Toyfreek at 10:57 pm on May 21, 2002)

NanoReefer53

I've already traded frags with people on the RC forums. Great deals ! USPS priority works great. Hey Toyfreak, got any SPS for trades under that 400w ?

Nanoreefer53,

Yeah I got a few that could be fragged:

montipora capricornus- tan/green

Montipora digitata-pink-green-brown w/purpletips

Seriatopora hystrix- rusty colored

What you got to trade?

Toy

NanoReefer53

hmm...you got most of what I have.

SPS i have

Montipora cap. - brown

Montipora digitata- orange

Green Hydnophora - not big enough to frag

im interested in that green monti cap, birdsnest, pink, green, and purple tip digitata. Are you willing to trade for some $$$ instead ?

(Edited by NanoReefer53 at 11:22 pm on May 21, 2002)

I'd do a trade for the orange montipora digitata. If its small we can do mini frags or something, I got one monti that was 1/2 inch two years ago and now hes 6" across with two levels. Lemme know which one you want and after the dust settles and I sort out who gets what we will ship.

Toy

Ps. How deep brown is the monti cap?

(Edited by Toyfreek at 3:23 am on May 22, 2002)

NanoReefer53

yea, those monti caps are like weeds. Only been 3 weeks since I got a new frag and it's grown like 1cm around the edges.

The brown monti cap isn't really really brown. More or a light brown/beige color. Under actinic lighting it has a green glow to it but not fully green. How bout I give you a big piece like 4-5" of orange monti. digitata for like 2 smaller pieces of pink and green digitata. Still wanna accept some $$ for the other frags ?

Sounds like we have the exact same monti cap. I do have a chocolate brown one with glowing green polyps but he's just a frag. as for the deal you proposed that is fine. One largish orange digitata for 1 1.5-2" green digitata and 1 1.5-2 inch pink Digitata. I really only need like 2-3 inches total orange but if you can spare it swell:)

as for buying stuff I really would rather not.

Thanks,

Toy

LotR Clown

Hey toy,

I sent you an email about some bright orange,green and combo buttons.  I have never seen any like them.  I also have a colt frag that is 2in.  Hope to hear from you soon.

got the e-mail maybe someone can help here as to how to frag the zooanthids I have always had bad luck wit em.

Toy

LotR Clown

Toy,

Here is a pic of the orange polyps that I was telling ya about.  They are growing onto the smaller rock  to the left.  I have had no luck trying to frag single polyps and don't wish to break this rock.  It has a floating in water type of look to it.  By fall, it would be a real nice frag.  No macro on this camera, so hope it looks ok.multicolorbuttons2.JPG

ksatterwhite

Man I wish my tank was going good.  I'd love to trade with all of you.  My tank is just now cycling, so I won't really have much for about a year.  But, I'll be ready for next summer.  One thing I do need to read up on is propogation and this frag business.  Are there any good books out there to read up on this?  Or, is it just a learning through experience thing?  

In the past I've only had small reefs.  Well, I'm not sure if I would even call it a reef.  The only coral I've ever kept myself are mushrooms.  Then, some feather dusters, a few shrimp, anemones and some clowns.  Nothing all that special.  But, I look forward to learning more.

NanoReefer53

Good corals from Toyfreek ! Shipped great ! His will be sent out tommorow :)

Does anyone wanna trade or buy 2in. frags of colt ? I have a couple of them. LMK

Glad you got em safely NanoReefer!

The green monti will color up more it was from the bottom of a colony. Really glad you liked em. Wonder if Fish04 got his today?

Toy

UPDATE

Got my orange montipora from Nanoreefer53 Tuesday,

Healthy and nice. Thanks!

Still waiting for the shrooms from Fish04

The greatdane I'm sending yours out tomorrow with chris's yellow leather and Hubu's blue shrooms as well.

Archived