Coral Vue Hydros

250w 14k HQI Phoenix LE - Awesome Deal!

NepTuNe-UsD

Hey everyone, I just ordered a 250w Phoenix pendant system from reefgeek and I couldnt be more pleased with the transaction. Im upgrading from 130w PC's over my 20g and am really anxious to pick it up this Saturday.

The mini-system comes complete with ballast, 14k phoenix, and pendant. I only paid $279 total for it since Im going to the warehouse tomorrow to pick it up. This is a real good set-up too, I have friends that have paid $340 for the exact same equipment. Heres the link..

250w HQI 14k Phoenix LE

Ive done some research before buying, and although the Aquamedic is a really nice looking light system I really like the Sunlight Supply ballast that comes with this set-up. It puts out more power and really gets the bulb to reach its full potential. Also, the Aquamedic comes only in the 10k and 20k bulb temps and I really like the 14k Phoenix.

Originally posted by reefin300

Lamp Dr had a Electronic Ballast for like 265 shipped? That's a magnetic it looks like in the pic... but hey as long as you're a happy camper! :P

Hmm.. show me the link. Im assuming its a retrokit because lampdr only sells retrokits and not pendants. Im not in the market for a retrokit because I dont have a canopy. Also, I dont actually see him selling any 250w retrokits at all.

The reef optix pendant is one of the best reflectors you can buy (according to sanjay's tests on RC) And the reflectors do mean a lot as far as intensity. The reflector in the pendant reefin300 mentioned has nothing on the reef optix III. I would bet you get a whole lot more PAR with the reef optix compared to the Illuming pendant.

That is a good deal on that pendant from Reefgeek. The only difference is it comes with a Blackwave ballast rather than the Bluewave III. Same ballast minus the built-in AC recepticle.

Originally posted by reefin300

are you doubting me.. hahah j/k http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=61916

That price is for a special "one-time-only" one-item sale. Could even possibly be slightly used. Someone mentioned in the thread that the ballast could be purchased brand new for $75. Although electronic ballasts are generally better than magnetic, the quality of electronic ballasts are different.

By the way I just installed my lights today from reefgeek and its truly amazing. I noticed a difference in the polyp extension of my corals immediately.

Archived