Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Buzz, CurrentUSA NC, any dirt?

steelhealr

What's a sluice gate system?

Any new pix of the compartments?

Originally posted by ccjung

It is 2 rear compartments with an adjustable/reconfigurable sluice gate system that will allow the system to adapt to Fresh/Saltwater and provide good surface skimming ability.

I am still waiting for an official release, but the preliminary designs I saw indicated that they had done a good job with the rear filtration area.

Chris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ccjung

I have also been authorized to post pictures of the "sunpod" unit which currently features 70w HQI, but will also be available with a 150w model.

Chris

where are the pictures for the sunpod? is that being released soon? how much? Whare are the specs?

Originally posted by emoutz

The sunpod costs $400 - Chris posted about it a few days ago.

you mean the 24 gallon aquapod with the 70 watt hqi canopy? that's called the sunpod? or are sunpods just canopies?

thanks

Sunpods are the fixtures designed to fit on the 24g Aquapod and 24g NC.

Please note that some specifications have changed, namely the reflector. The final specs are still settling as the product is launched.

I have no opinions on the product at this time, as I havent physically obtained a copy.

Thanks for your patience

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Stoney Waters and Shao-lin nano...the AquaPod will be great for those people who have gotten the spark for a marine tank and want the contained system to get their feet wet (sorry). Similar situation for me last spring....who knows about bulkheads, dremelling and sumps when you first start out. Many people saw these for the first time sitting by the cash register of their lfs's with a thousand dollars worth of coral in it and were smitten.

The REAL interesting thing is this Sunpod and how it would fit on a NC. Remember, there are multiple types of hinges on these. If this is successful, and I agree, the advanced aquarists have time to sit back and see how they pan out...it would be a big step for any stock lighiting users to step up to clams and SPS. Imagine if the Sunpod 'simply clicks on' or is an easy fit. It would be a boon to hundreds of stock NC'ers. The only other issue to be concerned about is, those who decide to put a Sunpod on a JBJ 24G, will additional heat on the original 24's contribute to any glass stress? SH

Very interesting...I guess these mods are better for some users but not all. I do like the extra thickeness in glass.

My old a-Life was built strong but poor lighting, pump and only 7g.

Wait and see...

Archived