Coral Vue Hydros

HELP!! ALIFE LEAKING!

uscreef

okay... I just got an Alife7 and filled it with water which is now dripping out the two holes on the base at the bottom of the rear area (where the filter and powerhead go).  They're rectangular, one on each end parallel to the curve on the front (ya i know it cant be parallel to the curve).  Any ideas??? Did I just fill it too high or something???  It's only dripping from those two holes, nowhere else!!!

p.s. would pics help? i can post some... also, if it doesn't stop overnight (I put a cooler to catch the drips in the hopes it stops naturally) think some caulk would do it?

take a piece of plastic food wraps and put it over the hole inside the tank. this should help stop the leaking. man if i were you, exchange the tank or something.

My Alife 7

Yes, pics would definitely help, I have this tank and I can't picture at all as to where you say the leaks happening.

Guest AbSoluTc

From what I read and can see, you filled it too much!  What happened more than likely is, you filled it and it overflowed out the back and down the glass and started collecting inside the rim, and now its appears to be leaking.

I had this problem with my 7gal.  I filled it to much and moved my desk which in turn caused some of the water to spill out.  But I did not see this and a few minutes later water started seeping out of the base, I thought OH sh*t its leaking, but it wasnt.  Just all the water collected and started to seep out under the base.

More than likely you are fine.  I would EMPTY it, dry it of real good and SHAKE IT.. to make any trapped water come out.  Then fill it up OUTSIDE and see how things go.  Or fill it up next to the kitchen sink.

I think you will be fine.

My Alife 7

From what I can see, either you did fill the tank with to much water and it overflowed into the base of the tank and now it's leaking through those two holes. Or maybe there is a leak somewhere in the base of the tank... Did you fill up past the "high water level" that was in the tank?

My Alife 7

Also, where'd you buy your tank at? Maybe you can exchange it for a different one... I have a one year warranty with my LFS. If anything happened to my tank, they'll just replace it with a new one.

well I've figured out that the leak is somewhere in the sump, it only leaks once that has water in it... so should I just caulk or silicone the inside and hope that does it or exchange it?  I guess there's no reason not to exchange it... other than I want to get it going now :P

Archived