ReefCleaners.org

corcea???

SeaFish

is 64 watt custom sea life (two 32 watts 50/50) and a 18 watt actinic jbj light good enough for a corcea clam that is placed between the top and middle of the tank? i have searched and found that it needs moderate to high lighting. but how moderate and high should the lighting be? i have a 12 gallon tank. any suggestions?

i have searched and dont know what to think since some have good reports wtih them and some have bad reports. they are very good colored clams. i am very tempted to get one. what do you all think?

your light may be enough. : mh's are preferable imo.

other peeps have done it w/PC's but imo start out with a lower light clam (derasa or even lower light squamosa). start with one of those and if you're successful then move up/trade up to the crocea. you save yourself some $$$ and practice on more commonly available animals. (i'm gonna get a little torched for that but it's reality) X) consider the crocea high difficulty level, i'd be shocked if any clam aquarist called it anywhere near moderate.

your best bet is to read up on the animals in the past forum discussions here and in other forums. knop's book is a good background read but i find more practical info from the aquarists that actually are raising them because they can point you to specific products and setups. good luck!

Archived