Coral Vue Hydros

Anemone advice

reeffriend

reeffriend

I just read the article on anemones and agree for the most part.  However, if you feel that you must have an anemone and want it to be successful, get a captive clone bubble tip anemone.  They are the only anemone known to reproduce in the home aquarium.  I can attest to this as I have seen many "offspring" in aquariums and have one in my own reef.  These bubble tip anemones need a tank of at least 6 months in age which shows great water conditions and a overall established environment.  If cared for properly, feeding a few times a week and under proper light, captive clone bubble tips can be successful and are by far the best way to go if you must have an anemone.  

reef hugger

i too agree with the article. ignore this part-(bta are not the only ones to reproduce. the rose anenome also has reproduced in aquariums. though they are not as hardy as the bta.)

edit- what i should have said was, the rose variation of bta seems to reproduce by splitting more often than a standard bta (green/brown). either they are a)reported more often b/c they do split more, B) b/c they are rare, and an emphasis is placed on them reproducing, or c) the people that can afford them have the money to afford the proper lighting/equipment.

if you must have an anenome please don't put it a 10gal. if you believe that it will fit, you definitly have not seen a full size specinen. the rose at my lfs IS the size of a 10gal. the bta that i had (not in my 10) would have easily touched the front and the back of the tank.

(Edited by joshnemily at 11:52 am on June 2, 2002)

(Edited by joshnemily at 12:24 pm on June 2, 2002)

reeffriend

A rose is a BTA joshemily, it's just a different and rare color which makes it more expensive and harder to come by.  Learn before you post.

what good is advice if it can't be critiqued?   he wasn't entirely wrong, just uninformed.  no need to rash......

Archived