Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need to make a modification to my stand

MdM31

I just got a new sump and its a tad bit wide. the only way I can possibly fit it is to cut a little bit off the stand. atached are som pics of where i need to cut. do you think this will be a problem concering the support for my tank??? Or will it be fine? Thanks all.

Picture004.jpg

heres a close up

Picture002.jpg

and close up of the other side

Picture006.jpg

Thanks,

-Mike

I do not see why you coulden't cut where you have marked but if the tank collapses at least the clutter will break it's fall. also i am glad i am not the only one hiding a mess under the tank

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

if your worried about it you could always add extra support. a sheet of 1/2 ply tucked in each side(running from the bass of the stand to the bottom of the tank) would more than make up for the wood you plan on moving.

what about cutting from the back and closing it off with a piece of 1/4" ply (good one side)again it should compensate for the wood your removing.

i got an idea of adding some 2x4's behind where i make the cuts. asttached is a picture. Even if i am worried i can ad some 1/4" ply in the back, or more 2x4's.

Picture002edit.jpg

add 2x4's behind each cut like so. thanks.

-Mike

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

add the 2x4s, better safe than sorry. you should however have the 2x4s in place before you make the cuts, just to be sure.

Archived