SaltCritters.com

Aptasia or not?

WhiteRat

I had someone in another thread suspect me of having aptasia!!! I don't think either of these look like aptasia from the photos I have seen on the net but I'd sure like confirmation for my worried mind!

http://www.bastet.org/~whiterat/reeftank/tbsw22.jpg

(warning, BIG)

Out of focus too, dangit. Grrr.

Hopefully if anything it'll be the yellow-tentacled thing. I only have one of those in the tank.

Ratty

Not sure about the stuff on the right, but the tentacles on the left are aptasia, in my opinion. A full shot of the entire disk would be helpful, but for now I'd say get the kalk paste ready.

I can't get a good disk-on shot of the little bastard, and he's the only one in the tank.

So, since he's the only one, and it's not like I'm going to need to wipe out a ton of the little suckers, he's toast, whatever he is.

Thing is, the circular ones I was describing that someone else said were aptasia are those other guys.

Ratty

I would agree, even though the picture is blurred I would say the one on the left is aiptasia. If you can, I would recommend adding a peppermint shrimp or 2 to keep them under control, even though there is only 1 now.

Archived