inTank Media Baskets

40 Gallon Custom

calvin415

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Calvin I saw that you are going to use a panworld 50px-x...Are they any good? Im about to pick up a brand new one and a 2 month old sump for $160 cash...Do you think thats a good deal?

I've read they are very quiet and that's my goal. I was planning on spending 140 on a new pump so if the sump is worth more than 20 bucks to you, I would say that's a hell of a deal! :)

Construction is to begin a week from Saturday (tomorrow) so it will be a little while still. He's waiting on the 1/8" black acrylic to line the inside of the two back panels, he should have that a week from today and will begin construction the following day. I can't wait! I think I've got a layout planned for everything I need, and I can fit it all under the tank w/in a 24x24 footprint! Everything except a Calcium Reactor that is... But I have all kinds of room under my 23 so I could put it there and just run 2 lines back and forth since it's in the opposite corner of the room. Oh the ideas!!! :D

None at first, just Kalk... If I do need a C-Reactor down the road it will be a DIY job like in the link a few posts above by Whitten.

Got my OM Squirt today! Wow is that thing small! A soda can is bigger! I can't believe it will handle 1000 GPH... I'll post some pics soon, too tired tonight. :)

Well I went ahead and got a 15W UV Sterilizer... Price was just too good of a deal to pass up, still looking for a 50mg/hr Ozone unit though. Prefer a Red Sea unit so I will probably end up buying a new one. The Chiller should be here on Monday (I can't wait!) and the tank should start construction next Saturday (1 week from today). Still need to buy my sump 10 or 15T (guess I can go to PetsMart???) The Stand and Canopy can't get started until the tank arrives, plus I'm still working on the final design... I still haven't ordered my lights, keep tossing around the color. I've got a 250W SE 14K on my 23, but my Dad's got dual 250W DE 10K's w/ actinics and I think the color just shows more on his tank... I'll post more pics on Monday when the Chiller get's in. :)

Why not? I don't plan on using it 24/7 but if I get an outbreak of algae or something I need to kill it will take care of it. Plus it will help with the clarity of the water.

UV is finally on it's way... Also found out Scott (building my tank) is able to get wholesale pricing on dry goods. The pumps and fittings even paying for shipping will still save me about 40 bucks!

Archived