Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Photos

WhiteRat

Oh yah. Put some pics up (I'm not a good photographer but most are okay) at http://www.bastet.org/~whiterat/reeftank

The first half-dozen are the night I got the rock (Tuesday around 10PM) and just after putting it in (lots of silt and not a good light) and the rest are from this afternoon with the correct MH/50/50 lighting arrangement and look much nicer.

Lots of colorful sponges! I've got a nudibranch in there too but he was hiding when I found the camera.

Ratty

The rock is from Tampa Bay Salt Water (www.tbsaltwater.com) and is the first half of my 'Package'. They'll send me another equal amount of rock after the tank cycles.

And the aquascaping, er...well, er, the aquascaping was somewhat accidental.

See, when I put the live sand in the whole tank filled with silt and I couldn't see anything so I just pushed it around the bottom with my fingers and a spatula. Then I put those two big foot-long rocks in side by side and that's the extent of 'aquascaping' on my part, LOL. Just dumb luck with what they sent me. As for the 'rolling' sandbed, my swivelling powerhead did that all by itself!

Ratty

Got some more pics up of the cool looking worm/seaslug/nudibranch thing that was swimming around my tank, he's almost 2" long when he stretches. Plus some better shots of stuff.

Ratty

Hi WhiteRat,

I had posted a question about TBSW's LR but never got an answer. That looks like some nice rock. :) Thanks for the photo's as where I live the LFS LR is the pits(no life) and 9+$ per #.

Did you buy the package and for what size did you go if you did?

Thanks,

Mike

Glad you liked the pics. I got the 30-gallon package (it is a 30 gallon tank).

I am now on day 6 and have seen some rise in nitrites, not much if any in ammonia, so I haven't gotten the other half of my LR and my detrivores yet.

Ratty

Well it looks good.

Let me know when you post more pics of the second shipment as from what I read on their web site that the LR is base rock in the first shipment and deco rock on the second shipment. And your first shipment looks like it has a lot of life on it.

P.S.

I saw in another thread that you have 175W MH lighting, is it in the hood or a pendant style?

I want to make a hood for my 25 G that I'm just starting to pice together and was thinking of 150W HQI or 175W with 2 28W or 2 55W PC for actinics. Your tank lighting looks good in the pictures?

I got my lighting rig from pet supply liquidators. It's a 175W MH and a pair of 55W 50/50s. External ballast in a nice little square box, other than that it is in a pretty typical looking fixture, not pendant.

I need to build a stand for it.

Ratty

printerdown01

OMG!! Looks good?!?!?! This rock is fantastic!!!

tbsw25.jpg

BUT, see my edited post in your other thread for some "helpful" hints. Please don't leave your rock set-up like this... You will, not might, loose this stuff!

Archived