Coral Vue Hydros

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

So I decided to drive down to Orange County with my wife and puppy to spend thanksgiving wth family.

That meant leaving my tank alone for 5 days straight.

I went ahead and purchased a check valve for my C02 line, whenever it shuts off, water from the reactor would flood the bubble counter which has glycerin.

I also purchase a JBJ ATO and RIO 90 for the resorvoir tank, then I needed to purchase an Automatic fish feeder, that was hard, but the PROFEEDER came up the winner for my tank.

Here are some pics of my new setup, I hope it all holds up until I get back from thanksgiving.

Mike G

hrngg5.jpg

hrnghz.jpg

hrngu9.jpg

hrngvs.jpg

hrnh1s.jpg

hrnh3m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Drowning,

I forget exactly what the megaflow is rated at; but I know it can handle the Mag 12 which I have connected as my return pump.

Mike

Nice tank Mike!

I can't view the videos. The link opens along with a video window that says "connecting" in the status bar, but it never loads. Then the page freezes and I have to close IE.

Anyone else having this problem?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Is anyone else still experiencing difficulty in viewing the videos? Remember it takes a while for them to load up so you have to be patient.

Mike G

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
amazing tank, btw wat did u do with ur black canopy?

Hi Paul,

I'm still using my black canopy, my lighting system has the dimensions necessary for the canopy to fit perfectly, the only thing I don't do is place the thin lids on top during the lighting period.

Since my lights exhuast are on the top, I need them to breathe. At night I do place the lids on to keep dust to a minimum.

I'm thinking about getting some fans to blow in the back to move the air so I can keep the lids on 24/7.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey reefers,

I konw I'm heavily stocked on fish, but I have a highly rated skimmer to take care of the bioload and I do 10 gallon water changes every Sunday.

I've had the fish for about 1 month now with no problems in health; I did in the beginning have a major Ich outbreak with the last fish I added which was the tomini tang.

I dosed with No Ich twice and this gave all my fish a fighting chance and they overcame the ich, it's been about 1 month without any fish showing any signs of the blasted ich.

I really thought my tangs were going to fight since I do have 5 different varietys all together but I lucked out they are all friends, you see in the video they don't fight at all.

Even when I first added them in togther on different days; they just sized each other out and that was it.

They were really shy in the beginning but they are pigs now and always come to the front of the tank when I approach; as they anticipate flakes.

I always wanted to order fish from live aquaria since I've heard nothing but good reviews but since I have many LFS to choose from, I hand picked mine from the stores.

The only type of fighting is between my largest fish the Kole Tang and the black hawaiian algae blenny, he chase the blenny but never bites him, he just doesn't like him.

Here is a collection of NOG from my skimmer at two weeks of collection from my bioload. I feel I have invested in top quality filtration to keep this amount of fish in my 72 gallon; if I do experience some problems I would downsize the chromis first.

Mike G

ipz79k.jpg

ipz7g5.jpg

ipz7gp.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi Nick,

Here is a quick video on my filtraton which is by Deltec, here they are...

I run the AP600 skimmer and then on the other side of the sump I run the PF509 calcium reactor and the FR509 fluidized reactor running rowaphos...

Any questions feel free to post...

Mike G

Click here to watch Deltec-Filtration

P.S

Here is another full tank video shot of my tank from left to right, I got two new SPS corals.

Click here to watch FullTankVideo

Edited by mikeguerrero