SaltCritters.com

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Travis,

Take a look at the sand bed in the tank. It's caused by the current of the powerheads. Today is my first day with the lights on so I will be monitoring a lot of stuff, including currents.

Thanks for the concern, I appreciate that.

Mike

Now that is gonna be one nice tank.

Hey... why no custom job for the canopy? Were you too busy making mine?

I can't wait to see what your tank is going to look like in a year or so.

Good luck!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

You guys are the best,

Compliments are what keep me striving to do better for my crittters. The pictures are from day one, the tank completed 1 month of cycling before any corals were dropped in.

One week earlier I dropped in my sand sifter star and couple hermits and my urchin, all which did well, giving me a green light with the corals today.

I will be testing all water parameters tommorrow morning and should hope to see good stable results.

My next investment is going to be the phosphate removal from Deltec. Then I'll have to save some to get the calicium reactor. For now it will be a lot of dosing.

I'd like to get some more acros, I'm going for some nice blue ones soon. Just want to make sure the tank does well with my stock animals before I add any new corals or critters.

I have to be careful I don't add an infected fish etc. A crash would be disater for me.

I hope to share my results on stability over the weekend so you guys and gals can compare against my tank your results on your reefs.

Thanks again for your compliments.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yeah Shao,

I learned a lot of lessons on my cubes. With this tank it's been exactly one month of patience.

My water is crystal clear and everything is looking good. Water temp is finally just 77 degrees always.

You don't know what that means to me, because I had a hard time on th cubes untill my ICA came in.

But even with my ICA my temps were held at bay in the middle 80's which always kept me on the edge.

I wish there were a really good chiller for those cubes, someone would make a killing on them; cubes owners need constant temps or they will lose expensive corals; I for one lost rare yumas.

So how is your tank? Any new additions or any new pics on the tank?

Mike

What part of the SF Bay Area are you so I know which tank to steal :) JK.

I am going to all about fish this weekend to hopefully pick up some rocks (hopefully you didn't take it all).

Tank is looking awesome. I love the picture with the reflection in the table (which the seats look cool).

Keep up the good work.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

After much pondering, about what type of moonlight to get, I went with the coralife one watt moonlight.

It was between the R-2 solutions moonlight and the coralife. Because I wanted to penetrate deeper into the tank I went with the coralife. Also it benefits me because it can be slide into my existing coralife fixture.

The R-2 moonlight would have had to be clued on to the fixture which I wanted to avoid. The R-2 would've given me a larger spread but I wanted more depth. I have greatest flexiblity with the coralife since I can place on the front or back track of the fixture and arm has complete mobility.

So I went with two, one on each side. I took several pics for you guys and gals to enjoy. To control the two moonlights, I pulled out two digital timers by timex and put them on a surge protector.

Mike

drf7t3.jpg

drf7ur.jpg

drf7yo.jpg

drf807.jpg

drfdc5.jpg

drf86d.jpg

Hey Mike, looking good!

I couldn't help but notice that your plumbing shows NO blue/purple primer "mess" anywhere. How did you do that so neatly? Did you just use pvc cement with no primer?

Rob

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Reef,

Because I'm a neat freak, I asked at Home Depot if I could just use the grey PVC cement and not the blue stuff. I told him that it was for an aquarium setup and that it would be under some pressure.

He assured me that I could just use the grey cement, and I was happy because grey and black match, how silly but that's just me.

On a better note, when I had the accident with the PVC cement on the carpet, I'm glad it wasn't blue because the grey is still deep in the fibers but it doesn't show as much as the blue would've.

Oh yeah, my plumbing looks cleaner too than the blue just like you mentioned.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Thanks Afiser,

Your vote definitely counts because you represent the young generation and you know what, I want to be considered hip and cool.... LOL

thanks for your comments.

Mike

Hey Mike, one of my friends down here in Houston has gone through two of the 72 gal Oceanic bowfronts which both developed leaks. Oceanic stood behind the product, but that didn't do anything to dry his carpet. I don't know if this is an ongoing problem, but just in case, you may want to consider one of those water alarms.

His problems ocurred a while back so hopefully if it was any type of design issue, it has already been resolved.

Looks great btw!

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Well you guys wanted updates here you are,

Looks like I've been having some fun with my two knew little toys. I adopted two new kids to my oceanic filtration family; the Deltec PF 509 Calcium reactor and the Deltec FR 509 Phosphate reactor.

I started by finding some small bricks from Home Depot that would elevate my two kids high enough that they could stare at there big father the AP 600 Deltec Skimmer on the other side.

I took several pictures in sequence to show my progress. The Phosphate reactor is fully connected via a Maxi-jet 900 pump and my Calcium reactor is awaiting a special nano CO2 container that I ordered so I can incorporate it into the cabinet.

I have no more space in here and feel I have really taken advantage of prime real estate. Since I come from a nano background; my last two tanks were the JBJ cubes, my building skills were really tested on this project.

I hope all you guys enjoy my pics; a special thanks goes out to Doug at reefcentral for guiding me through the plumbing and my buddies at nanotank for their recommendations on the correct CO2 container to use on this project.

Mike

ea2nwj.jpg

ea2pzp.jpg

ea2q0k.jpg

ea2q1j.jpg

ea2q2c.jpg

ea2q38.jpg

ea2q6c.jpg

ea2q7l.jpg

ea2q89.jpg

ea2q9j.jpg