ReefCleaners.org

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Newschool, will the mag 12 be able to run through a chiller and up to the tank? As I have it now, I have to buy another separate pump for the chiller.

I need to know about a manifold, can you post pictures?

Thanks,

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'm enlisting the experts here, anyone have any advice on this chiller? I'm running a 72 bowfront that runs 86 degrees and want to buy a good chiller, to bring me down to 77 degrees.

Since I cannot fit anything else in my cabinet, this appears to have a sleek look.

It's either this chiller or JBJ Artica 1/4 this one being cheaper by about 100 dollars.

thanks,

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...product=AL2115K

Mike Guerrero

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

MDT178,

Thanks for your concern, but my chiller will not go into the cabinet, that's all used up and wouldn't even fit. I'm placing it right next to the cabinet. That is why I'm looking for a sleek looking powerful chiller, price is not a concern on this item.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Well Reefers,

The weekend is here and I decided on the JBJ 1/4 chiller. I had to upgrade my pump to the Mag 12 and I'm going to be using my mag 7 to refill my tank on water changes !!!

I did my best to find a suitable place in my house that wouldn't make it look cheesy. I guess that is why JBJ came up as the winner, they are elegant in what they produce.

I also ordered the Coralife 48" Advanced series HQI 300 watt. I'm starting to think I should go more powerful lights and enter the world of pendants. But then again I'm going for a closed look in my living room.

Enjoy the pics.

Mike

dm2snd.jpg

dm2ura.jpg

dm2usj.jpg

dm2uts.jpg

dm2uxj.jpg

dm2uy9.jpg

dm2uyh.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

In an attempt to by-pass an ATO systems, I decided to purchase the Oceanic glass tops to minimize evaporation.

Because my sump also has a glass top to reduce noise, I felt that the addition of the glass top on the tank would curve my evaporation which was about 1/2 a gallon a day.

They fit really snug and are much higher quality than the AGA top, which was reasonably cheaper.

There has been and will continue to be a lot of debate as to those that use tops and those that do not. I purchased a really nice size chiller for my tank and I made sure to go over the recommendation to keep these extras that trap heat.

As a previous owner of the JBJ 12 gallon cubes, I rarely ever had evaporation issues, topping off was very easy. I expect to do the same with this new setup.

My question to you all, is regarding the temp setting on my chiller and reef keeper. I have my reef keeper turning on the chiller when it reaches 82 degrees and shutting off when it reaches 76.5.

The chiller is factory set to 77 degrees +/- 1 degree. Is this gap in temp too much for my reef from 76.5 to 82 degrees? Should I close the gap more? Doing so will probably keep my chiller working more, but as of today, it's hardly ever on.

I really like that it's not on as much as I thought it would be. Anyway your suggestions are going to be taken seriously.

Thanks,

Mike

dmfnt2.jpg

dmfqxc.jpg

dmfqyh.jpg

Wow, that is a nice glass top.

About the Temp, you DO NOT want the temperature to fluxuate more than +/- 4 degrees durring the day or at night. I'd keep it set to turn on at 82 and off at 78.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow they are sweet, are they better than the R2 Solutions moonlight? They look identical, but these can be controlled by the lunar cycle.

Do you have them set up on your tank? What do you think? I was going to go with two coralife 1 watt moonlights, the one on each side of my tank.

Now with these, I'll have to think about it because I like the fact that the lunar controller simulates a lunar cycle in one given month.

More toys for me to spend, you are bad, j/k....

Thanks,

Mike

hehe, I'm really good at spending money, so I don't mind helping you spend more of yours!:D

I haven't seen the R2 Solutions moonlight in person, but I hear good things about them.

I have my Moontube setup in my 24 NC, and I love it. Great color and lots of shimmer!

Hey, the best thing is, if you don't like them they'll take them back.

Rob

Originally posted by reef 'n ale

Hey Mike! Thanks for turning me on to your new project! I can see we both like attention to detail.

Check these guys out for moonlights. I have a single with controller. The have great color and the monthly moon cycle is just awesome. They're great guys too...

http://www.fishbowl-innovations.com/

Let me know what you think.

Rob

Sorry for the bad link earlier. This is the same guy who sells on eBay that I was trying to link you to - great product.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Winnie,

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, I try to learn from others as well as contribute to the forum.

I will be getting my lights in about 4 hours, very juiced about that. I have transferred in all my critters and corals to my new tank last night.

That was exhausting, but I have so much real estate, all my corals and critters didn't even make a dent in my tank.

I'll be posting tonight...

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Well,

My lights arrived today and since last night I moved in all my corals and critters, it was just a matter of plug and watch.

I took several pictures of my tank just after running the lights 30 minutes. I'm really impressed with the lights.

I really thought I would require additional lights and was shocked that I will not need more lighting for this tank. The hues on the tank are the best I've seen. Mabye, I could go with an additional 70watt MH in the center, not sure.

I give coralife a thumbs up on this design light.

Mike

dpwi11.jpg

dpwi6a.jpg

dpwi83.jpg

dpwj0i.jpg

dpwifm.jpg

dpwimx.jpg

dpwiup.jpg

dpwozp.jpg