Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

jenniebutterfly

mine is about 3" right now. but you have to feed them at least twice daily, preferably 3 times as they have a high metabolism.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jenniebutterfly

haha thats ok, i am still learning as well. they are great fish too, and cannot complain about the great price on such a colorful fish either :D

lgreen - thanks for the info. I do have float switch/shut off valve. I guess I'll just let it be then.

do you the cold water source open to full blast?

fishman - thanks for the compliments. the resources SLO and lgreen provided above are both great. I usually only frag LPS tho, so my zoo fragging skills are actually pretty bad. haha.

kogut - i guess i want to at least add the 25lb extra LR before FTS. or else it wouldn't look like much has changed.

SLO - i gues I should try to keep a real waitlist. lol. lost track awhile ago. maybe I'll bust out w/ a website and have a running waitlist until the year 2010. LOL.

BKtomodachi

Well, where I work we have a expensive high-volume RO unit, and we somehow regulate the water pressure to just under 60psi... although I think thats just what the tap is. For reference, we turn of the source water when the tank is full, not plug the unit w/a valve.

Did you ever doubt him? ;) Especially w/ how fast his threads get off topic. :P So... As a birthday present to me... You should hook me up w/ a high spot on the list. :P That blasto is really nice looking, dude. I wish I had a larger tank to fit something like an anthias since I only have the clown and mandarin... :| Why did you go w/ the fire shrimp, btw? Turned off of the skunks after that big one was such a pain? ;) (Good times... Trying to catch the little bugger w/ a silverside for 30 minutes.)

Sinistard
Originally posted by Tigahboy

hey.  does home depot sell TDS meters?

I called Lowes and the guy there said they did not have them but I suspect he would not know even if they did so they may or may not.

I called a local company that sells RO systems and they had some portable ones for like 45 bucks. You can probably find them online for cheaper. I'm getting one for like 20 from the guy who sold me my RO system he works for a company that make water treatment stuff.

kogut - yeah, I was getting ####ed at my cleaner skunk for many reasons so i wanted to try somethin else. but now I'm gettin ####ed at my fire shrimp. grrr.

sinistard - thanks for the 411

cesar - it definitely is lookin better. just put it into my tank yesterday.

Just get a colony of sexy shrimp. ;) They're the best. :P I'm debating on getting another pepp shrimp to be buds w/ my current one... So.... Selling anything out of the prop tank soon? ;) (I have b-day money that is burning a hole in my pocket).

sexy shrimp in my 67g will look like little turds. i need somethin a little bigger. hehe.

yup, I finished my RO/DI filter unit. I need a TDS meter tho to make sure its working properly before I start using it.

EtOH_is_good

sorry a little late, but saddle valves suck. my ice cube maker is hooked to one. when the tube carrying the water to the fridge started leaking, i had to turn off water to the whole house because the saddle valve would not close properly (leaked when off). hopefully you won't have a similar problem, but my story about a saddle valve going bad was not the only one i've heard.

Uh huh......I'd like to "light up" my fireshrimp. They're the biggest hassle of anything in my tank. Won't let anybody have anything to eat...and I hear they live 3 years or so....

Sinistard
Originally posted by EtOH_is_good

sorry a little late, but saddle valves suck.  my ice cube maker is hooked to one.  when the tube carrying the water to the fridge started leaking, i had to turn off water to the whole house because the saddle valve would not close properly (leaked when off).  hopefully you won't have a similar problem, but my story about a saddle valve going bad was not the only one i've heard.

Did it leak around the piece that you screwed in and out to make the hole? If so I was told to screw the needle all the way down then back it off around half way then to tighten the nut that is right below it called a packing nut. After you tighten the nut around a 1/2 turn you back the neddle the rest of the way out. Do this until the leak stops. I hope that made since. I'm not sure all saddle valves are the same so this info may or may not work for you.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

do you the cold water source open to full blast?

You don't necesarily keep the cold water source all the way open. The line is pressurized, so you only open it as far as you need it.

Using a pressure guage, you should turn the water on until it reads about 4-5 bars of pressure. To low, wont produce correctly, to high, can destroy membrane.

if you are using a float valve, and shut off, then yes you can keep it open, up to 4-5 bars, all the time.

If not, the only turn it on, to 4-5 bars, when you want to use it.

Archived