Pod Your Reef

SPS corals in 12 JBJ nano cube deluxe...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 8/23/2019 at 1:24 AM, NanoAndy said:

This tank still going ? Nicely done by the way 

The year was 2005 back when JBJ was a leader in the fanatic craze of owning a nano tank!  Those days were some of the best, when reefers dared others to push the limits of the smaller systems.  T5's were replacing compact bulbs and it was in style to have ultimate power for coral growth through actinic 03 bulbs...  I will never forget those days!  I remember owning one of the first JBJ AIO systems a 12 gallon that had only one compact light and no built in fans, the vents were there on the grills but no fans? 

Later as JBJ grew they would introduce new options to their systems!  It was as if they new we had all taken a bite of the reef bug and, we did and they later grew into a giant!

I’ve got the JBJ 6 LED and I feel like mine didn’t have near as much growth as many out there with the old PC bulb style. 

With just three single white LEDs and 3 Blue LEDs it did however grow zoas very nicely!

Your tank looked amazing by the way! Glad this was brought back up in the threads!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 12/10/2019 at 10:59 PM, I'm Batman said:

I’ve got the JBJ 6 LED and I feel like mine didn’t have near as much growth as many out there with the old PC bulb style. 

With just three single white LEDs and 3 Blue LEDs it did however grow zoas very nicely!

Your tank looked amazing by the way! Glad this was brought back up in the threads!

When the early prototype LED's emerged nobody really new what to expect in growth.

You were a pioneer for this new craze, now look LED are the way to go!  Nearly zero heat and beauty and power!

Still miss the shimmer affect of 20K METAL HALIDE my favorite back in the day.