Top Shelf Aquatics

finaly !! my 20 L

dhoffroad

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow that is alot...you are talking each part right? is the c-balance the same dosage as the b-ionic ? (b-ionic 1 mL per 4gal recomended dosage each bottle)

well since I don't have all the SPS you do sucking up all of it, so far I've been ok with about 6 mL (each bottle). I say about because the little measuring cup that comes with the b-ionic goes from 5 mL to 7.5 mL and I try and only fill up just below the 7.5 mark so I actualy may be like 6.5-7 mL....(once again each bottle)

Yup......5mL/20ga......so, it's the same! I remember Corey's tank used to use something like that too. Once I get a dosing pump, I'll start supplimenting with some Kalk.

I'm dreading getting a clam!

well I was lookin for some pepermint shrimp yesturday (got a couple aptasia) and of corse I could'nt find any but I did "rescue" this piece from on of my LFS's. usualy I don't go into this store because they don't have much and I NEVER thought too highly of there SW stuff. the people who work there did'nt even know the diff between a "polyp coral" (zoo's) and SPS, and when I told them what it was they were like ??? If I would have not gotten it out of there tank it was in I'm sure it would have looked like all the other "skeleton's" that were in the tank (eventualy)...anyway under there lighting it looked more orange but here is looks a little "creamy-tan",with neon green polyps, and of cours the polyps are'nt all the way out yet...I tested the water it came in and well I'll just say that this is the FIRST coral that I have actualy "drip aclimated" so hopefully the shock into my tank is'nt going to be too bad on it...and yes I have actualy NEVER drip aclimated any of the corals in my tank usualy just float and drop into tank.....

neongreenpolypacro.jpg

like the one that is in my siq and pictured on the first page ? yea I like the purple one too when I got mine (pic on first page) it was a dark purple but now it has lightened up a little to more of a nice lavender color...

since I started this thread I've had a couple people ask about the coralife skimmer so I figured I'd give a little update here...as I posted earlier it started to leak out of the adjustment knob which is common from these snd I changed from being a HOB to a in sump...well on monday morning (a week after it started to leak) when I checked on things it was overflowing from the colection cup. sounds kinda wierd but maby this thing took 4 mo to actualy break in, because since the overflow issue I have had to LOWER the water level from where I kept it before to stop it from just filling up the colection cup, but all in all it is STILL skimming just fine....Bottom line is I would still recomend this skimmer but not as a HOB.

just because I'm a little board right now figured I'd put up a little update on two of my SPS. the prostrata (?) is turning a nice blue color, when I first got it there was actualy green on the back side of this but since it has gone and is all blue now...the second is my purple w/ bright green polyps, its a BAD top down pic since the light glair is right in the way but you can see how it has lightend up to more of a lavander color instead of the purple it was when I got it...and I can see growth in the prostrata but the growth in the other's is'nt as noticable...

pros825.jpg

png825.jpg

Good looking colors there Cheif!!!!

I'm waiting for Upscales to set up there new 850 frag tank before I make anymore purchases....but damn, you make me wanna go there after work :)

Are you running the P14, AC14, or Hammy14 bulb?

the purple base with green polyps is looking gorgeous...as is the pro/mille. realllllyyy hot! lmk when you're coming up my way, i'd love a frag of your frags. :D

-danny

gj, thanks

yoshi, yea man I will totaly get ahold of you if I EVER get over your way and swapin some frags would be sweet...I've been real happy with the results I'm getting out of this tank.

well picked up a new one I was just telling SLO in his thread that I was thinking about getting a digi and well it just so happend that the LFS had one when I went down there yesturday...it's just chillin on the sand bed right now I'll give it a few days before I cut the "plug" a little shorter and find a place amongst the rocks...oh yea the piece next to it with the bright green polyps (it's the one I "rescued" from a diff LFS , I showed pics of it earlier) well it's kinda hard to see in this pic but it's actualy starting to turn purple.

digi.jpg

Nice monti, I had a piece just like that, lost it in the 5.5..but back to the rescued piece!

Dude, if you scored that for less that $20 you ROCK!!! It looks alittle too branchy to be A.valida, but it could be A.secale. UNREAL SCORE!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

otf,

Well hot enough to #### me off anyway. :/

DH,

I have just as many pumps, but I cant even dream of that kind of temp and the ambient temp in our dwelling is 74F!!

I have to leave my 6" clip on fan 24/7 or else the tank will explode in a ball of white hot heat! lol!

I think the only thing different between our systems is that I now have a 250DE fixture as opposed to your 150. Do you still have the modified Aquaclear refugium? I have one still and use a Coralife mini-might 2x9watt 6700k fixture proped up with two layers of light crating.

Leave my stand door open all the time, which is unsightly and my roomate hates, and I dont blame them, but if it closes the tank temp soars.

Im thinking of getting another 6" clip on fan and blowing it into the sump. The evap will be rediculous, but it would really help to offset the heat. Also will have to upgrade the heaters to 2x 150watts from 2x100watts to offset the efficient cooling when the light is off.

Maybe its my coralife digital thermometer and my little drop-in therm thats giving me false readings?!

Oh well sorry not to hijak, but we have similar setups and I was really intrigued by the fact that both you and otf seem to not even have a hint of a heat problem and you have very similar setups.

Archived