Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

finaly !! my 20 L

dhoffroad

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I figured I'd post some pics of the complete setup...here you go...

hole.jpg

hole1.jpg

hole2.jpg

and here are a couple more of some stuff in the tank...the green and purple ric must be in a bad place to get a pic because I could'nt get a good pic for the life of me...

pngric.jpg

xenia.jpg

gsp.jpg

thanks that stand has been thru a couple tanks it started out life for a 40L (same foot print as a 55) then I put the top on it and actualy turned half of it into a "book shelf" and had my 10gal on one side then I took the book shelf part out and put my pico in so it had my pico and 10 on it and now this , everytime I had to mod the top a little...LOL...

Got a close up of under the tank? I am looking to do a 30L and I am looking at all that I can for ideas. I want to do mine with a sump/fuge combo. What are your containers on the right side for? Is it for the sqwd and ato? I think that is what I see, but not sure.

right now that is the closest pic I have. you are correct the container on the far right is for the ATO, then in th middle is the canister filter that is running the CLS with a SCWD...

lookin REALLY nice DH, I needed some inspiration. Your aquascaping is kikazz, very natural looking, I like the low look compared to the "wall"-type scape. SWEET fixture BTW. Nice work overall.

You and OTF are making me feel left behind, I think that my wife is going to come home from work one day to a new and fully unauthorized setup in the living room. I've learned to never ask/consult first, just do it and deal with the consequences...

Is that the Travis I think it is?

hey thanks MrA

yea I know what you mean about just doing it and dealing with the consequences later, that is how I was able to get most of this tank together...LOL...

sad (very sad) to say but the Travis that you are thinking of has kinda gotten out of reefin...I think he still has his tank but last I heard he was gettin burned out on reefing, and dos'nt hit the forums atall anymore....

well I got to witness a little "hermit fight" this morning evidentaly one of my hermits wanted the others shell and they were fighting the one that I thought was the larger of the two ended up getting the worst of it, lost a claw and its shell...LOL... here are a couple pics of the actual shell take-over. the one hermit got out of its shell and held it over the opening of the other untill it got into it prety crazy I thought the scarlets were the "nice" hermits...LOL...if you look close in the first pic you can see the claw that got lost in the background....

hermitfight.jpg

my clown had front row seats to the fight...

hermitfight1.jpg

Looking good DH!!! I love to "entertainment center"...where'd you put the TV?

Originally posted by MrAnderson

I think that my wife is going to come home from work one day to a new and fully unauthorized setup in the living room. I've learned to never ask/consult first, just do it and deal with the consequences...

That's what I did......She loves it!!

Think of all the shoes she never told you about :)

tank is looking daym good. Your custom pendant is awesome by the way. And you definetely have it right about the entertainment center, I definetely do spend more time staring into the tank watching things than i do the tv. Hell i think i even stopped playing video games and tinkering with cars since i started in with this hobby. There is just so much going on in the tank on a daily basis.

Doriftu thanks !

man I had what I thought was a close call this morning I was messing with things under the tank and had a dish towel folded up with me to handle some drips off of stuff and when I turned arroudn somehow I knocked the towel INTO THE SUMP. well when I turned back arround I seen my skimmer going crazy and see the towel in the tank. I quickly grab the towel and turned off everything (all the pumps) luckly I had a few gallons of SW ready so I did a water change ( only had 3 gal) took the skimmer off and cleaned it out. and have been walking arround with my fingers crossed all day....there must have been some soap residue on the towel from the wash or maby something from the fabric softner sheet in the dryer but my skimmer looked like a "bubble bath" inside...

well EVERYTHING seems to be fine so I guess I caught it in time....BTW I am going to do another water change in a little bit...

lucky guy...anyhow lookin good man. how do you like that skimmer? do you have to tune it allt he time to keep it goin right? im having to mess with the prizm everyday to keep it skimming properly.

oh ya and i keep looking at your website....damn the website making me want a jeep again! im just getting moeny and want a house, but want a jeep soo soo bad.

SLO thanks for the compliment on the tank..

well I DID have it set up where I was happy with it but when I seen all the bubbles and it was filling up the collection cup I turned down the adjustment knob as I was pulling the plug so now I have to find that "happy spot" again, so it will prob take me a couple days of fine tuning to get it back to where I had it..

yea it's hard to spread out the $$$ between hobies and family life...LOL...

Originally posted by onthefly

Think of all the shoes she never told you about :)

first i really did LOL

then i thought of all her shoes :*( ... I think I'm gonna have F2B make me the low cube I asked for a quote on a while back... I think I asked about 20x16x10... now for the stand.

Hey DH tank looks great, btw i got the lighting unit the 2X9 Watt fixture, lol didn't expect that mod, it was really sweet that i can control on of the lights with one switch. Once again thank you very much and your new tank ROCKS!!!!

thanks crazy....cool I'm glad you got the light , yea I did that switch mod on the light so I could get that actinic only if I wanted it...maby you can have a little luck with superglue and fix the end cap that somehow got cracked on me...

well figured I'd give a little update. so I started to have probs with my skimer leaking , I woke up to a little puddle of SW on my hardwood floor. and so after looking back thru the HUGE post at RC about these skimmers I decided to put it in the sump instead of HOB...I still hav'nt gotten the leak figured out yet, it is leaking from the adjustment knob which is a common prob with them by the looks of things it has to do with back pressure or something so I will have to "tinker" with it a bit more to figure it out...

but other than the skimmer issue everything is doning very good...the tricolor that I got a few weeks back is looking AWESOME when I got it a few weeks ago it was basicly a "brown looking acro" if you look back you can see a pic of it when I got it. it is constantly getting more color to it. I can't seem to get a good front view pic that shows the colors (photo skills are about as good as my spelling skills..LOLL..) so that is why I'm posting a top down any way just thought I'd share what's going on....

tritd817.jpg

Sweet Frag DH!

I love the "Brown frag" purchase.....kinda like a box o' chocolates :)

I'm having trouble getting the right coloration in my pics too.

yea the "brown frag" (tricolor) was actualy "FREE" I was'nt going to get it but he guy I got it from said if I bought the other pieces I was lookin at he would throw in the tricolor....now that makes it one sweet arse "box o' chocolates"..LOL...BTW that "frag" is approx a 3" x 3" COLONY....

as for Ca and Alk I'm using B-Ionic

Archived