Top Shelf Aquatics

[STOCK] Maxvan1

Maxvan1

I ordered my tank, should be here Wendsday or Friday (of next week)

My tank is basicly going to be all softies, (well thats really the only thing you can have:P ) I already have my live rock(one chunk, its flat-ish around 2lbs, I am 95% sure its Tonga[the shelf kind.] I know its not much rock, but I dont want to have to much rock, restricting the flow and/or the light. Plus I will add some rubble to the back) It(the rock) is cooking until I get my tank. I plan to have a DSB and a goby or jawfish (most likly a yellowhead jawfish) as my only fish. :)

I will have pictures when I have something. ;)

PS: you will notice that I like to use ( )'s and alot of ...'s (but no ...'s in this posts! :woot: ) sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry bit late... better late then never.

I went with a HUGE SB (its like 8'' in some places. It forms a cave/shelf like look (see pictures of say one) I have about 20 snails and 3 hermits to keep it clean [you can see I have a touch of hair algea, but I like it acually, takes up the dead space :D )

anyways start with my entry photo(s). I hope I did this right.???

31c67999.jpg

56d2dd6b.jpg

3 days. (left of tank, I like the sides, the front kinda distorts(spelling?) the photo.)

P1010045.jpg

3 days front.

P1010043.jpg

couple weeks... (dont know if I am keeping the algea in the back, thoughts on that?)

P1010047.jpg

Now just some randome shots of corals in the tank.

4f3f5c03.jpg

e4d6b8b8.jpg

More should be comming later... also I am gunna clean up the algea off the Halimeda. most of my stocking is done, I am gunna add a few more mushrooms when they get there shape (just fragged, in my other tank) but nothing to much. I am hopping to have the who rock covered with mushrooms.

Thats all for now. (also, anyone know somthing that will eat pods? somthing small, like maybe sexy shrimp, or the such, they are making home in my zoanthids and they dont seem to open as much (not nudi's, 99.999...% sure they are pods or somthing of the like) otherwise I might try to suck them out.)

PS: now in this message I used ALOT of ( )'s! Sorry, if the post is confusing just PM me please.

-Max

Oh yeah, if I do take out the algea in the back, I am going to fill the back with GSP. (hopefully, have to figure out a way to get it to stick)

Not a whole lot more this week. more red mushrooms, thats about it... any idea? I am going to do my last fragging soon, then let them (them=mushrooms) grow for the last picture taking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by minimalist

I think you should take out the algae in the back.  Plan on adding fish soon?

Well I was going to put a yellow watchman goby, but decied not to, so no fish for now.

I added more mushrooms, and some zoanthids. I may take some of the zoanthids out though. I am having a hard time making it look natural with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is lookin good! I took out he zoanthids, and replaced with some mushrooms.

I still have the really thick sand. So, everything is going great, except my other tank looks barren now ;) hehe.

I am 100% finished with stocking (have been for a while, just didnt post. Lot of school :angry: well no, school is ok...)

Pictures should be comming soon (lost the memory card to my camera) So, I am going to have to buy a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures were taken, but they are terrable (batteries died and only had time to shoot off 5 pictures of so)

So, I am going to wait to post pictures. (deadline is dec. 10 right?)

Thanks.

No pictures for tonight, I did some cleaning before I turned out the lights, and everything closed up, so I will have them tomarrow. I will leave the moonlights on for tonight (first night with them, actually.)

OK, well the pictures are terrable. (2.1 MP camera :angry: it "was" top of the line, about 5 years ago lol)

This is a view from where I sit (at computer)

Some things are closed because I just fed (picture of that commin in a sec)

PICTURETHREE.jpg

Ok here is a picture of my favorite mushroom. (just after opening, after being fed)

PICTUREONE.jpg

I am still editing and taking pictures... Should have more later, including a FTS from the front (I will get my tripod out and take some better ones too)

This is a picture of one of the tan-ish muchrooms, from above. Its strange how they look totally differnt from above. (bad picture again, but it really does have blue spots, from above.)

P1010091.jpg

by FAR the best picture taken so far. (he he)

d8cd09ed.jpg

Here is a picture of those mushrooms closed... they look pretty cool closed eh? They have a blue-ish tint to there underside.

P1010085.jpg

One more, of that brown-tan-ish one.

Untitled-101.jpg

OK, last one for now, I used almost a gig. of space for all the pictures I just took (100+). Off subject, but did anyone notice that if you press fast reply it just adds it to your last post, thats convienent (spelling?).

a4570330.jpg

Archived