Pod Your Reef

Shao-lin's 24g nanocube

shao-lin nano

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I feel like your cube is the Batmobile of the Nanocube world.

We are all totally drooling over it! :D Your light set up is freaking awesome...and your fuge...and wow.

I like the noodles--that's what the area around my laptop looks like on my desk because of my tablet and external HD and printer etcetc.

But yea, holy nano-reef, Batman! :D

Great tank!

• 3 weeks later...
shao-lin nano

I'll be taking this tank down soon. I'm working on a 70g with all the goodies. This tank has been stable and for the most part trouble free. Once the 70g is setup in the next month or two I'll post this tank for sale.

What will be included off the top of my head:

1) 24g NanoCube

2) Hood mod: 70WMH + 3x36WPC + 2x9WPC & lots of fans & "chromed" interior

3) Delux stand (reefkeeper ready - RK not included)

4) Rear lit fuge

5) MJ1200 & Hydroflo

6) Integrated Fluval 204 canister filter

7) ~10lb rock wall

8) few frags of SPS, monti Cap, zoos, and palythoas attached to rear wall

9) Live Sand

10) NanoBob's milmod surface skimmer

Probably other things I'm not mentioning but if you've gone through this thread pretty much every mod is included.

It's been fun.

NanoCube-boy

Thats cool then, its been great to be part of us Nanocube Boys, haha. Why can't you keep two tanks? To much to handle? No space? Not enough budget to keep two tank running? or just want to move something better?

shao-lin nano
Thats cool then, its been great to be part of us Nanocube Boys, haha. Why can't you keep two tanks? To much to handle? No space? Not enough budget to keep two tank running? or just want to move something better?

I just don't want the maintaince. The new tank will take the physical location of the NC24. I'm just moving onto a bigger tank not better ;)

did you ever get a ATO installed?

Nope, got lazy...but it doesn't make sense because topping off requires more work :huh:

NanoCube-boy

I agree, my NC12G takes a lot of man hours to work it. The small it is, the harder it is... My tank barely really stable for 3months, the most will be one month or two.

shao-lin nano

I've started the new tank with maintaince in mind. These All-In-Ones are packaged nicely but leave some stuff still to be desired that some mods just can't accomplish..

NanoCube-boy
I've started the new tank with maintaince in mind. These All-In-Ones are packaged nicely but leave some stuff still to be desired that some mods just can't accomplish..

I see. Let me know if you selling any corals. I'm looking for some more corals.

shao-lin nano

You sure you can afford the high-end corals from my tank....j/k.

I'll actually need all the corals I can get to stock the new tank once it's cycled. Maybe trades will be better than selling unless you're interested in some shrooms and hammer.

shao-lin nano

I mean high end as in I over paid for them and now they're considered high end so I can resell for more...haha

• 2 months later...
NanoCube-boy

Hey shao Lin Nano, what is that ReefKeeper electronic thing you installed on your stand? What does it do? Also where did you get the tubing for the water flows?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Shao, its very interesting reading all these posts as I just got an Nanocube 24. But having a 55 and a 40 already, i bet you will come back to the Nano(So dont sell it!)

The small compact tanks are just much better at footprint than a big tank!!!

Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived