bluebastion

My 2.5 AGA, will update often!

pookstreet

Sweet movie. I just loved the crab. It's a "natural" in front of the camera :D

bluebastion

pookstreet - Yeah, Cindy is a natural. Filming that last scene was actually the first time I witnessed her feeding off the anemones. BTW thank you once again for all your coral frags... they are ALL doing well. The blues are at least double the polyp count now....

Update: The SPS corals are now encrusting over the epoxy mounts... so I am guessing that is a VERY good sign. I'll have to take pics soon.

bluebastion

I recieved my b-day gift from my wife today... an AquaMedic 150W MH system... woot! and yes I'm using it on my pico.

MadTownMax

make sure you keep some cocktail sauce next to that thing so you can eat the fresh seafood as soon as it's done cooking :D

J/K - :)

bluebastion

Yeah I was thinking of having a literal Reef BQ.

ecotoxlady

BlueBastion, that video was amazing! Cindy looked like she was flamenco dancing in front of the camera. Does she have an attitude now that she's a movie star? :) Was she upset that she didn't get any billing on the film? :D The music was well chosen and your tank looks great! Wonderful job!

bluebastion

Thanks ecotoxlady! I'll pass the word on to Cindy that you admire her sooo much. She's kept her feet on the ground, even with all the hype.... however... now, instead of using her anemones for food, she wears them as boa's around her neck. Ah, she says, "Darling" alot as well. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when the film you play in gets the best indie movie award at the Sundance festival. lol

Update... got my MH light up and running... 16 inches above the tank! For now, seems the only way I can keep the temp. parameters stable. Also learned I'll be needing to purchase a standing fan... (For all my fan needs) We'll see how this works out. I may have to move a colony of zoas from under a now VERY shaded rock ledge to a more well lit area.

EDIT: Pic of AquaMedic 150W MH DE Setup. The bulb is an XM 20k... This setup rocks. Oh yeah... they sent an extra for spending over $175... Fiji Gold (Calcium/buffer natural supplement)... interesting....

IM000101.jpg

Edited by bluebastion

bluebastion

Here are pics of corals a day after the new light setup... Obviously not much time to see actual changes in the corals themselves (specifically the browned areas of the SPS's)... however it does show the effects of a 20k bulb without actinics looking mighty fine. And I mean mighty... mmmm mmm...

LPIC0013.jpg

LBluesandGreens.jpg

Reds.jpg

Greenstars.jpg

TheBlues.jpg

Edited by bluebastion

Travis

Dude, 150w MH over a 2.5g is way overkill :D

Are you planning on an upgrade?

Any FTSs with the MH over the tank?

ecotoxlady

Beautiful picture! Thanks for letting Cindy know :P

bluebastion
Originally posted by Travis

Dude, 150w MH over a 2.5g is way overkill :D

Are you planning on an upgrade?

Any FTSs with the MH over the tank?

<_< Page 4, 5th to the last post.

;)

Edited by bluebastion

bluebastion

Well, the 2.5 pico contest is about to start... which means that this section will soon be crowded with other 2.5s... And my tank will likely fade into the background. I hope everyone who endeavors in making a 2.5 for the contest (or not for the contest) will enjoy the journey like I did, if not more. :) For those following this thread, I thank you for checking out my progress and giving input as well. I think this will probably be my last thread post for a while, as I think I've reached the pinnacle of the personal goal of my tank.... my first SW tank at that. I am hoping to upgrade to a bigger tank soon.

I leave this thread with the last FTS pic taken this morning..... until a very long undetermined period.

FTSMH.jpg

Once again... Thank you.

Edited by bluebastion

Daemonfly

Don't worry, there should be a seperate forum created for the contest tanks. Good tanks have a tendancy to stick around, like Liquid's old 2.5g. Thread kept going until he no longer posted here, and then some.

Open

im crying........... lol jk....... hope i can do that somday.........lol

irishtexan

Hows the tank doing? Is it still running?

texx

tmendeol

Yah, I'd like to see how this tank has been doing after almost a whole year!!!

-Tim

ChronicClownfish

Blue,

What a wonderful thred. Great thoughts and you are a great photographer! Learned a lot here.

I am sad to hear about Homey's fate. I am also sad to admit that I am old enough to catch the reference (Tracey Ullman or In Living Color...)

Cheers and keep up the great work.

JackJack7

Here is a pic of my AC 300 Fuge Mod with my week old cheato (some spell it chaeto)

LPIC0005.jpg

Hi,

I'd like to know if you modified the flow of the AC filter?

Is this filter gonna work, if I mod it to be a refugium with chaeto like your AC?

aquarium_jbj_pico_powerfilter.jpg

Thanks

ealshabaan

man your tank is sooo bad ..... :)

*bad=extremely good

haburt510
man your tank is sooo bad ..... :)

*bad=extremely good

Nice. Looking forward of watching the SPS grow like your M-Tank.

AcroporaLokani

Any updates, its almost 2008 just to let you know :P .

IceTurf
Any updates, its almost 2008 just to let you know :P .

nice tank

AcroporaLokani

Any updates? Were like half way out of 2008. :D

bluebastion
Any updates? Were like half way out of 2008. :D

Wow this has been brought back from the dead. :huh: No, this tank was taken down back in 2006. Some of the rock/corals live on in Fosi's tank. Thanks for asking though. ;)

For more information on this tank, please go to my dedicated website:

http://www.bluebastion.com

Thanks to all who were/are interested in this tank. It was fun while it lasted!