ReefCleaners.org

BigBlue's 40g Reef

BigBlue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys - this thing sits in my home office so it gets alot of TLC during the day. Maybe too much sometimes...

~chris

Wow! Nice tank and I love the picture of the cat...so funny...He probably thinks to himself "What in the hell is that?"

FishFreak - it's gotten to where the cleaner does that all the time. He just started it recently. It's pretty cool.

Pili - got the cheato and it's growing like wildfire in the tank. I think I've finally gotten my nutrients under control. BTW, your PM box is full.

~chris

• 3 weeks later...

Two quick questions. First, if you had to do it again, how would you do the overflow different? Also, how do you like your SEIO? Is it a 620? Beautiful tank, I hate that I have to wait till spring to set up mine! (wife decree)

Well, if i had to do it all over again, I'd first stick a 1 1/4" bulkhead for the overflow. The flow is too slow now and then I'd use an overflow box. The upturned intake allows me to change the water height when I want but it doesn't take water from the surface as much as I'd like.

And that is a Seio 620 and it's great. It's quiet and doesn't add any heat to the water (that I can tell)

The way I've got the rockwork setup it doesn't get in the way, but if I wanted a "rock wall" in the back I definitely wouldn't be able to do it.

One option would be to size it just right so you can leave it perfectly vertical instead of angled like it is now.

Here's a few shots of the Ca Reactor I built on DJ88's design. This one is a little shorter (12") and plumbed a little differently.

Right now I'm running CO2 at ~40bpm. I haven't measured the flow yet.

Effluent PH is 7.30 and tank PH is 8.00.

Effluent KH is ~11 with the tank KH at 9.5

Tank Ca is 400ppm

mini-img_3845.jpg

mini-img_3846.jpg

mini-img_3847.jpg

Joao Monteiro

Your dwarf angel (C. bispinosus - don´t know the name in english) doesn´t nip the corals ? some of those guys are not to be trusted...

Archived