Top Shelf Aquatics

What are those guys!!!!!!!

freakintiger

freakintiger

Hey all, finally got my sand in and my live rock! What an ordeal! Had to change out all my tank water(used dechlorinated tap which LFS said was a no no esp in such a small tank). The LFS hooked me up with bout 2 gal of salt water in a bag, but I lost half of it when the bag settled into the container(which was not clean. Had enough t fill the tank and got the sand in but the silt wouldnt settle, then I made it worse with my Penguin 550 p.h.. I created a silt tornado! So the tank sat all night, with no heater(water was not high enough).What aa mess! So this morning I got up and went to LFS and got a gal of SW and changed over half the tank water(which had already begun to smell)and got my live rock in. I thought I had really messed it up, I had to buy an airstone to move the water, it sat still all night! But I was praying to God that I didnt kill everything, and I see these TINY things moving around on the rock, like tiny grains of rice running around! WOW!

What are those little guys! Are they larval shrimp or something?

And those tiny tubes with the tentacles on top, I can't tell if they are still alive or not, the fingers dont move...

Will the rock spring back to life? If those tubes are dead how will I get more?

HELP!!!!!!!

isnt penguin 550 too powerful for a pico? also how big is ur pico?

get rid of your airstone, not nessary.

and relax, all you have to do is wait.

freakintiger

Yeah the Penguin 550 is a BIT strong for the 1.5 gal hex I have. I couldnt really be sure with it empty though. I thought I should have some movement in the water so it doesnt get stagnant(?).

RELAX? The pico is stressin me more than anything else in my life right now!

But I'll be good and wait...

in a 1.5, I would prob just use something like an aquaclear mini hang on back filter and that should be enough for flow by itself without a powerhead.

I use a ac mini on both my 1G & I can only run those 1/2 way which is plenty a current in this small of a tank. imo i think any kind of pump or ph would be way to much water movement wouldn't be good in such a small tank..

neanderthalman

I've got an MJ 400 in my 1.6 hex, and it's got great flow. It's FREAKING HUGE though. Go with the aquaclear mini as a HOB mini fuge.

Archived