Coral Vue Hydros

A good timer?

minimalist

i just got a ge timer from fred meyers. works awesome.

the ones at walmart suck. i went through three of those and only 1 worked.

the digital ones are good too, if you don't mind paying about 10 more dollars

I use exclusively Stanley 3M618S digital timers - can't seem to find them on the web right now... Maybe I'm SOL when I need a new one. They were sold largely with Xmas lights - 15amp rating, 9 programs, not waterproof - but approved for damp environments. Perfect for aquarium use.

Andy

bluebastion

I use the Coralife Power Center (single). $29.99 at LFS. Power strip, surge protector, timer... has 2 outlets for day and 2 outlets for night. Automatically turns one or the other on/off according to your settings.... it also has 4 other always on outlets. Can't beat the price and function when you do the math on all the timers you'd have to buy plus power strips... not to mention the mess.

neanderthalman

Hey bluebastion...be careful with that Coralife Power Center. There's a fairly long thread regarding those beasties and aquarium fires over on RC. Apparently they randomly catch fire, even without getting saltwater inside. Sounds delicious. Give it a read, just to be certain it's the same product.

I use the Timex Digital Timer from Target. $14.99, 3 prong, grounded, battery back-up, and the plug is on the top so it dosen't take up as much room as others.

Bob

timer.jpg

Can anyone give me a copy of the instructions for the timex timer. My friend has one on his tank and we havent been able to get it to work for the longest time. We can set the clock but cant get it to turn on or off. And yes it is capable of turning the lights off but with all the different modes we cant figure it out?

Thanks,

Chris

Archived