Pod Your Reef

Coral books

eferna

Lunchbucket

sprungs book is good.  or Eric Bornemans book too.  that is supposed to be a standard in the hobby.

Lunchbucket

BustytheSnowMaam

The small Tullock books are ok I suppose if you want something quick, but they're not very accurate (esp. regarding how many fish one can keep in X number of gallons).  They're cheap and IMO you get what you pay for (I realize how expensive books are however).

I would recommend the Borneman book; also sometimes if I want to see what others think of a book I go to Amazon.com, type the title in, and read the reviews.  Borneman's book got 5 stars (highest rating) there.  But by all means, order the book thru Chris of course.

Tasha

Natural Reef Arq. is a fantastic book a must have imo.  It helped me alot when doing my first reef tank..  not much or corals but more of a step by step how to use natural filtration a great book

If you but just one coral book make it Borneman's Aquarium corals, it has much more content than any other book in it's price range.  In general, it sticks to corals popular in the trade, give detailed natural history and aquarium husbandry information, and has a variety of pictures for each genus.  Way, way, way, better than the Sprung book which is what it says it is "a quick reference", but is not as complete, informative or helpful as the Borneman book.

printerdown01

I really like The Reef Aquarium Vol 1 and 2 -Sprung and Delbeek [vol. one focuses on stonies, while vol. two has a LOT more info on soft corals]. These two books are my bible for the hobby. They are both very expensive however (might make a nice birthday gift or something ;) )!

Archived