Top Shelf Aquatics

A question about feather dusters

linty

I got a feather duster recently and I was wondering...can I trim the tube?  It seems like the older part of the tube is see-through and not being used, and I would imagine they probably do outgrow the tube and add to the end, so I was wondering if anybody here trims theirs?  Or does it just dissapear over time?

I would suggest against doing this. have you checked out your feather duster when he is relaxed and in his tube? You might be surprised to see his body dangling out of the bottom of the tube. I have a feather duster who has attached some of his tube to a rock and his body is fully visible because he uses the rock as protection for it. They are pretty adaptive, so I would suggest letting them be and if they don't need that section, then no biggy, better safe than sorry. hth

Gaber

i have tube worms that have done the to my glass/acrilic where i can see the entier inside of the tube...

I wouldn't touch the animal.

I put mine with about an inch of the tube in the sand.  I like to place them between rocks if possible just because they look nicer with just the "duster" part showing and not the tube.  I just got one on Saturday, and it already had crushed coral attached to its tube from being in the substrate at the LFS

Archived