SaltCritters.com

Could this combo work out?

Djm9288

Could i have in a 10 gallon 2 ocellaris clowns. and either 2 clown gobies or 3 neon gobies?

Daniel

I had the same question for my LFS last week, and as an FYI, they told me two clowns would probably be all I would want to do.

I imagine a goby on top of that would depend of room available in the tank. (ie. LR, Sand Bed depth, pumps, etc. etc.)

i think you could do 2 clowns and 2 neon gobies pending you setup a refugium. this will creat a higher water area and a copepod factory for natural feeding and also if you put macro in it reduce trates. it can be done due to the neon gobies small size and them really taking up 0tank space.

I agree, I would at most go with 2 fish in there.

They'd be much happier too, as the bio-load otherwise would be too much for that little tank.

Remeber the clowns get big as well, they dont stay the 2inches you get them at.

Always base your stocking level on the final fish size.

Im set on having 2 ocellaris and 1 clown goby.

Im going to have 15 pounds of Live rock

Daniel

printerdown01

be weary of the clowns pestering the glown goby... -just a though... I know that clowns are "peaceful" but I have had problems in the past with mixing a small maroon and a clown goby...

quiksilver5768

true...MAROONS are very aggresive. The most aggresive clown fish actually. I have 2 percs and a coral beauty in my 10. 2 percs and 2 clowns gobies can work fine as long as u can prived enough food for them and deal with the bioload...

Archived