Cultivated Reef

Just saw a fake-me-out JBJ NanoCube ...

jdp

At a lfs. It was marketed under the name "Bio Orb". 12g tank, no rear filtration area, and pc lighting (not sure the wattage). Looked almost identical to jbj, with only slight differences with the feeding door.

I guess my question is, with the recent jbj cracking hysteria, does anyone know if this brand (which I was told was probably made on the same assembly line as the NC) have any cracking issues too? If not, then the questions regarding the hypothesized design flaws might be answered.

Just a thought

~Jared

I've seen some wanna-be NanoCubes at the LFS. The one I saw was glass with a black filtration area that hung inside the tank on the back. Looked pretty weird.

Just wait for the all powerful Acryli-cubes to come out B)

I actually found a website that cuts and polishes glass or acrylic for custom tanks, then you can assemble yourself. I might look into a 16^3 cube, especially for only $2-3 per side (glass, 3/8"). I still think the original cubes are bargains in spite of the recent bashing.

or you could go to your local glass shop, flirt with the receptionist and get a 1/4" glass for a 12x12x12 cube for 30 bucks, and have the glass in the same day!!

Archived