Innovative Marine Aquariums

While I wait for my new tank...

uscreef

UG... okay so I'm getting a new tank, but have to wait for it in the mail, so in the meantime I've got everything I need (inc. 10 gallons of RO water) sitting in a cooler in my room *sigh*... so anyway... I was thinking and why don't ppl do horseshoe crabs in nano's for cleanup?  Also can you do a starfish, what kind? and last but not least... what should I put in my 10 gallon heated styrofoam cooler lol while I wait for my new tank :).  (Water's at 82, 1.023 and I have a rio 90 in there)... maybe LR and LS :) hehe j/k on that guys!

why not put your lr? this would be a good idea to start curing it if it isnt going to be already. i dunno just my opinion but i would have my rock curing already.

Yeah,  

I would definitely go ahead and have the rock in there...you'll only have to move it one more time and it will give you something to do while you wait for your tank (looking for hitchhikers).

Just a thought,

Matt

I think its a great idea about the live rock.

Put it in there.  You will also probably weed out hitchikers, be they aiptasias or brown hairy crabs or even the dreaded mantis shrimp. :)

Good luck.

lol okay... sounds good, I just thought for some odd reason I should have a light in there for the LR and LS, I won't have the tank for a week or two... so is that still okay?  I mean I guess I can start it cycling??

Wait wait wait wait wait! What would a good post be without some dissent? I will speak from experience here and I definaty would not choose to "cure" rock in the dark. For one, the rock you get could already be cured and two, you will surely kill a lot of the really neat critters that make a tank so interesting. Coraline will recede and any othe hitchhikers could bight the dust. I cycled my first tank that I set up without light and I believe that is really hampered he coraline growth. Before you jump into this, I would suggest against it. Take your time get your tank set up, feed a little bit when you get the rock in, the feather dusters need food and so so other hitchhikers... Just my two sense, but I wouldn't trust a styrophome container for too long... Tell me where I am wrong guys... Hehe,

gaber

Archived