Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

bubbles in glass (front corners) Photos

urapnes

I just picked up the 12dx a few days ago, and finally got a chance to get it unpacked so that I could leak-test the thing before I bring it to work. Well as I was filling it, I noticed some miniature bubbles in the glass on the front corners. I also found what seems to be a small 1cm crack running horizontaly through one of the corners. Seeing as this is where most of the cracking seems to occur I'm taking the tank back in the morning. Hopefully I can exchange it for one without these flaws in the glass. I personally think I got a bad one. I do not believe that they are all ticking time-bombs, but I do believe that there are good ones and bad ones.

I have included the following close up photographs. Has anyone else seen similar defects in the glass?

joel

Joel....I think it's a wise move to return it. Yes...mine has small bubbles on one side that I haven't made too much ado about. There is no way that you should start that tank up. That crack is a disaster waiting to happen. When you get your replacement, make sure you run a finger on the glass where the frame is and feel for stepoffs. SH

Mine also has some of that and I am also getting a replacement. Mine is on the corner and then I have one on the front near the right side. It is actually a bow in the glass and is blurry there. I have aleady spoke to JBJ!! There taking care of it. There also replacing my hood as well from the night lights going out after 1 month.

I did not notice mine for over a month after set up.

They need a better QUALITY CONTROL!!. Too many defects are getting by, they need to start using a special light that lets you see cracks and flaws easy. Same light they use for checking diamonds and many other glass objects for flaws.

Dropped by the LFS this morning with the printed photos of the defects. They exchanged the tank for another without any hesitation! They inspected the new one right there on the counter. I will be purchasing from them (Aquarium City, Canoga Park-)CA again. It was refreshing to hear the manager say "we just want you to be happy with your purchase." It is not too often that you hear that.

New tank has similar bubbles, not near as many, but most importantly no crack in it!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I just looked and no bubbles. Even the lid closes tight enough so there is no light leak in the front! It's only 2 days from being out of the box and according to the box was made less than a month ago. So perhaps they have worked out most of the QA issues. Though ask me in a month to see if I still think the same way!

Steve

I am new to the 24G also. I recieved mine and I had bubbles the also. I had a small crack in mine also. Mine looked much smaller than yours though it was there. I called the guy I got it from and he has been helping me with JBJ to get it replaced. I have been waiting now for 2 weeks. No tank. It may get here today. I found that they waited one week to ship it than shipped it a week ago. Comming from CA should of been here last friday or today. I hope I get it.

Archived