Coral Vue Hydros

What is the REAL Nano Cube Crack Rate?

sNEIRBO

Bought my 2006 24DX on Dec. 2nd. No cracks. Not even any scratches. Set it up today, and once I got it half full I started hearing this tinkling sound and was freaking out thinking it was leaking because I'd spilled a little water on the floor. I was quite relieved when I peeked in the back chambers with a flashlight and found that it was just the water coming in the small hole midway up the back into the first chamber.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just bought ours yesterday, 24 DX. LFS guy opened it up and let us inspect it .manf date 12/05. doing a wet run in the garage for a few days.

stevj72 you have a saltwater tank setup on feb 3 and have 6 fish already?

how did you get it to cycle so fast? and do you feel 6 fish is too much for a 24g nano tank? aside from all the mention of cracks; my 24g nanocube was setup jan.25 05 no problems----yet most fish I have every had is 3 and at times I have thought that too much!

24 gallon DX, manufacture date of 10/2005, set up 12/26/05, so far so good.

I did look over the tanks at the lfs though and found 3 with what looked to be defects in the glass.

stevj72 you have a saltwater tank setup on feb 3 and have 6 fish already?

how did you get it to cycle so fast? and do you feel 6 fish is too much for a 24g nano tank? aside from all the mention of cracks; my 24g nanocube was setup jan.25 05 no problems----yet most fish I have every had is 3 and at times I have thought that too much!

All fish, LR/LS, water came from a cycled 37g fowlr, when they out grow the 24g nc then they go in the 37g there is only 7" - 8" of fish in the 24g. so far so good:)

24 Gallon DX

Bought January 30th 2006

Cracked February 2nd 2006

Huge crack in right side where glass bends. More than half the tank leaked onto a new wood floor. Water leaked to ceiling below the room. Still determining total damage. No livestock lost, just live rock and live sand sitting in buckets around my room.

It was a 2006 model, date of production: 12/2005

• 3 weeks later...

Nano Cube 24 DX

Start Date: 2/14/06

Date you noticed a crack: 2/15/06

Huge crack across the whole bottom of the tank. Crack was from one side all the way to the other. I did not drop any rock in the bottom of the tank. Absolutly no damage was apparent upon tanking it out of the box. I filled the tank up and put in live sand and rock. Everything was fine at that point. Went to bed 5 hours after initial setup, and woke up to a kitchen full of wter. The tank leaked about 23 gallons. It was a total disaster. Water leaked into basement. luckily it was a half empty storage room. no serious damage done....just have to let everything dry. Thank goodness for Pergo floors!!!

As a side note I had purchased a nano the weekend before and got the tank all set up and then noticed a huge scratch on the front of the glass. I drained the tank and exchanged it at the LFS for the tank that cracked. I have no trust in the nano cubes. They sure do look cool though. Too bad it was a disaster.

Archived