Pod Your Reef

What is the REAL Nano Cube Crack Rate?

sNEIRBO

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have glass flaws, does that count? Could become a crack!! I nice bow in small area of the glass on the front near the right. It is blurry and has bubbles in it. You can see a line there as well. Could not be a good thing in the long run. But I have spoke to JBJ and a replacement with hood will be coming. One of my nights lights stopped working after 1 month as well.

12gallon DX.

Initial setup up 1/05(stock)

ran it for 3 months no problems

Re-setup 3 weeks(june 1st) ago with two iceprobes drilled in the back glass and a CPR bakpak hanging off the back as well. No problems.

sandbunkerblues

I have a 12 Gallon dx 1st Edition,set it up on Jan.11,2005,No cracks and has performed well,It has no mods other than replaced the pump.Bought it from my LFS.Must have been shipped really well.

24DX

Started Jan 05

Cracked June 05 (in the front left corner from top to bottom)

15+ Gallons on the floor, soaked through the carpet into the living room below. Lost carpet, padding and ceiling fan downstairs. So far so good in the temp tank, but I have to imagine the shock isnt good for the livestock. I'm very lucky the house didnt burn down. I made the huge mistake of leaving the ballast on the floor next to the stand (temporarily while I finish up the new stand).

I'm hoping JBJ comes through on the replacement quickly.

Nano Cube - 24G

Started May 1, 2005

Cracked May 21, 2005

Tank leaked approx. 8 Gallons of water.

Wood flooring soaked, water leaked through flooring.

There's GOT to be more than 59 Nano Cube Hobbyists on this forum. PLEASE - we need EVERYONE to vote one way or the other for their Nano Cube so that we get an accurate result!

I agree with thebrian also - if you have multiple cubes that have either cracked - or not cracked - report that in your post. We can count them all up manually later and do the math.

As of right now, with all the multiples added in (7 extra NOs and 1 extra YES), we're at

NO - 59 (81.94%)

YES - 13 (18.06%)

Thanks for all the reports and posts! Let's keep at it!

Just bought it 5 hrs ago, opened the box and this is what I get?

btw - this glass is THIN!

12g Nano Delux, the store swapped it out - I'll stick with AGA/Oceanic tanks in the future... hoping this new tank doesn't crack on me.

dscn04648uc.jpg

no cracks yet (fingers crossed) i did a good inspection before i brought it home and am extra careful when i move rocks or clean the glass. i've had aquariums break before and know it's not pretty. but if smth does happen i have a qt set up to house everything.

Gamma-Cube

DOA 06-27-2005

14612As_Received_-_resized_copy.jpg

Here's hoping Delta-Cube shows up in one piece!

I'm off to start drinking! CHEERS!

harrison278

you guys ! i went to coral sea today and the 24 cube had cracked before it was even sold no water yet ! thats pretty sad. poor workmanship or something.

Are you kidding me???

24G

Started mid Jan

Hairline crack, top right, noticed last week.

No leak, no losses.

JBJ replacement should be arriving soon...don't know if I want it after seeing this.

sNEIRBO,

Holy crap!! So sorry for you. I hope not to read of any murders of JBJ executives tomorrow in the paper, but if I do I'll understand. that really stinks

don't ask for cube quad!! just demand your $$ back!! do you really want another one of these?

I have 2 24 gallon DX Nano Cubes.

1 up and running 5 months, no cracks (fingers crossed)

1 up and running 1.5 months. Cracked at the back glass pane.

Dan

PS: I voted saying that my nano cracked but I could not vote for the other option also, saying my cube is NOT cracked.

Current numbers -

9:00 PM EDT 06-27-2005

NO Cracks - 69 (88.4%) [9 extra NOs]

Yes, Cracked - 18 (11.6%) [1 extra YES]

I did NOT count Gamma-Cube as a crack - that was definitely a shipping error!

Archived