Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ok need advise on light combo

DKreefkeepers

DKreefkeepers

After all of the reading and researching I have done on this site and others. I have decided to scrap the idea of MH on my NC24 due to heat and many other factors that just dont seem to make it worth it unless you have somthing sitting directly underneath it. What I have decided on is another PC 36w upgrade kit from nanocustoms and an additional T5 light. This will bring my PC light wattage up to 108w + the T5. What I want to know is what color spectrum shoudl I have in the new bulbs. My 2 factory bulbs are 50/50. Should I get another 50/50 or an actinic blue bulb for the new pc fixture? Also what color T5, 10k or actinic blue?

The jbj 50/50's stink. I put them back in while I was waiting for my new bulbs to come in and all my corals looked like garbage and started to turn sickly.

Go with an actinic 03 for the coral growth and an actinic blue for the color. I also have a 32w 50/50 of 6700k/10K. I'm waiting on a 32w 50/50 of 10K/actinic blue.

That's what I'm going with. I like a bluer tank. I had a full 36w 10K but it made everything look too white.

DKreefkeepers

I bought the actinic blue for the 36w upgrade and I also bought actinic blue for the t5. I am going to replace one of my factory bulbs with a straight 10k bulb and leave the other alone with the stock 50/50.

Archived