ReefCleaners.org

Official JBJ Nano Cube Announcement

JBJ-USA Aquarium Products

sNEIRBO spaketh: "1) Tank Design - those curved corners are problems."

But other companies, e.g. commodity axis seem to be able to produce tanks with curved glass that do not self destruct. Perhaps the problem is not the curve, but rather the way they are made. Someone obviously can do it right.

Keith

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after reading through this many pages, I just had to sign up and throw in my coppers!

We have a 24g Nano-Cube at home, and thus far haven't had any problems with it...BUT (there's always a BUT, isn't there?):

I used to work for a LFS, and we sold a lot of Nano-cubes, both the 12g and the 24g. I have to admit that we got quite a few of them back (I can't give an exact count, but it's well above the 3% figure quoted). These were completely stock cubes, with no modifications whatsoever. I've seen multiple units come in with cracked glass, burnt out (and sparking!) ballasts, dead lights, dead pumps, etc.

We ALSO had an entire box of ballasts for the 12g Nano-Cube that JBJ had sent us to replace any that came back damaged. I'm estimating there were 25-30 ballasts in this box. Now...just thinking out loud here, but sending a full box of replacement ballasts says to me that something is obviously wrong. Since we also got a few of the relpacements back, I would hazard a guess and say they likely didn't improve them at all, just sent more that will, quite likely, break again.

I really do like our Nano-Cube, but I don't doubt that the day is coming when it will break, or break down (already had 2 pumps die on it) and we won't be replacing it with another.

My ballast just recently went out. Luckily I was home when it caught fire!!! Needless to say I sent it to chris at nanocustoms and he is puttin the mod in for me right now! I also have a backup that I ordered while waiting for the mod from chris!

Archived