ReefCleaners.org

Acrylic Nanocube & Launch of the Nanocustoms Cube

ccjung

There are many advantages from a business/customer standpoing to going with the same shape as the nano cube. By going with the same shape, it is easy for existing users to upgrade to acrylic if they wish, without having to get new lights. Additionally, if he makes canopys for these, they would fit the class cubes for those that want to stick with glass, but also want a better canopy. Finally, someone could go with both his cube and canopy. Just because it's the same shape as the JBJ cube doesn't mean it's going to be the exact same.

Chris:

On the taller cubes, it would be sweet if you could make a 12 tall enough and have enough room in the back left compartment to fit an AquaC Urchin and pump for it. It would be nice to be able to fit a good skimmer back there. Also, if you do make hoods for them, it would be nice if you could get a nice, tall, vented hood for MH with spaces built in for lots of fans (and I mean lots, along with screwholes).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main reason im saving the nanocube format is because there is such a huge customer base out there that I need to continue to support. before nanocustoms, a lot of these mods have always been possible, but I plan on expanding my network to serve dealers across the country and offer more cost effective "kits".

The super cube im building is with a company that I am forming called Aquatechture. Its basically art fusion, musuem piece type reefs that will feature the best of the best. In this venture, im leaving the value segment and going strictly for one of a kind, jawdropping pieces that are tantamount to what Takashi Amano is doing in Japan.

My partner is a world class architect and an expert in the area of reefs.

Nanocustoms really wont change, just expand to other brands, Eclipse, Marineland, AGA, Via Aqua, and any other "all in one/small" tank formats out there.

Nanocustoms is a "fix the problem" type company, Aquatechture is a ground up approach at the ultimate reef. Before you guys crap yourselves.. The MSRP of these "aquatechture" reefs are going to start in the low 20K range and go up.. We expect them to be highlighted in upscale, executive markets and (hopefully) featured in the Robb Report.

My partner is a fanatic about his ventures and seeks to be a world leader in anything he does.. It should be an interesting ride.

As far as a Nanocustoms "super" cube, I am targeting the lower end market, but with an all inclusive reef with infinite monitoring and controllability.

Heres to the future!!!

Chris

Starphire Glass, seamless welded corners, art and Fusion. I wish i could get an NDA to everyone on this board, I'm so excited!!!

To the Future

Chris

Chris -

Your excitement about this project, and your new venture is very evident in your post.

CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK! I don't think you need the luck, you deserve it.

For all those who don't know Chris, or haven't dealt with him before, let me tell you a little story about Chris. Yesterday when I posted about receiving my smashed Cube from JBJ, Chris called me to offer his condolences. Not a post, not an e-mail, he called me at home to say "Sorry". This is a class act all the way through!

I look forward to one day seeing your work publicly displayed as art, and I can say "That's the guy that called me to lend a shoulder on a really crappy day!"

Cheers -

sNEIRBO

Thanks Scott

Its hard to believe but I have around 500 customers and I know the story behind every one of you who has called or emailed, or from the boards. Your wife's occupation, what your family is like, etc etc, I really feel that although we havent met in person, we are all part of each others lives through this wonderful site.

This IS my hobby too, so when something happens to a fellow hobbyist, be it my sale or not, I take note and comment/respond.

To the Future!

chris

OK, for the oogster:

The super cube will have the following features:

1. Real Wavemaking with piston driven action

2. Tidal Differences

3. Weather

4. Full Integration with CRESTRON (home automation/theater controls)

5. dual Fuges 12/24 hour (12 - caul / 24- chaeto)

6. Worlds first "fringe" reef.

7. MH Lighting

8. Fiber Optic Lighting Components

9. Ca reactor

10. PH Control/Monitoring

11. ORP control/Monitoring

12. ICA chiller

13. Rainy Days

14. Wind Driven Waves

15. Full Lunar Cycle -> Blue ->Red

16. Pop a Latitude and Longitude and it will "play" the weather for that day.

17. Proprietary pumps that do not destroy zooplankton/pods

TRICKS I CANT TALK ABOUT:

Theres a few proprietary technologies that I cannot discuss, but its going to revolutionize reef lighting.

Picture yourself as a concert Chelloist, you get off from a hard day at the symphony, and your tanks having a hurricane because the part of the world you specified is having a hurricane that particular day..

Get your wallet out oog!!!

To the future!!! Lol.

Chris

Very exciting time to be into nano reefs :)

I am anxious to see what the new tanks will look like, especially the taller tanks. Keep up the good work!!

Originally posted by ccjung

OK, for the oogster:

The super cube will have the following features:

1. Real Wavemaking with piston driven action

2. Tidal Differences

3. Weather

4. Full Integration with CRESTRON (home automation/theater controls)

5. dual Fuges 12/24 hour (12 - caul / 24- chaeto)

6. Worlds first "fringe" reef.  

7. MH Lighting

8. Fiber Optic Lighting Components

9. Ca reactor

10. PH Control/Monitoring

11. ORP control/Monitoring

12. ICA chiller

13. Rainy Days

14. Wind Driven Waves

15. Full Lunar Cycle -> Blue ->Red  

16. Pop a Latitude and Longitude and it will "play" the weather for that day.

17. Proprietary pumps that do not destroy zooplankton/pods

TRICKS I CANT TALK ABOUT:

Theres a few proprietary technologies that I cannot discuss, but its going to revolutionize reef lighting.

Picture yourself as a concert Chelloist, you get off from a hard day at the symphony, and your tanks having a hurricane because the part of the world you specified is having a hurricane that particular day..

Get your wallet out oog!!!

To the future!!! Lol.

Chris

WOW, due to the fact that im a total newb to reefing... I have no clue what any of that means except for MH.. LOL! But i'd be very interested in something that can do all of that.. Kinda makes me wish i waited instead of buying my 12DX.. Please, keep us posted!

they'll start on the high end and work their way down as economies of scale make it feasible.

I definately want tidal variances and wave action!! So expect those features in the value oriented cube.

Chris

Any ideas on when the release date of these acryli-cubes. I was planning to setup a 15g after i move but the acryi-cubes sound awsome.

Chris,

Thanks to you for all your support in this Nano Cube journey. After 2 cracked cubes, (if you remember, one in shipping, and one after being set up a week) I am crossing my fingers that my 92W 12g holds together until you get the acrylic up and running. I have a lot of money, time, and heart put into this hobby, so i feel for those that are also having crack issues. My current version has been up and running for 2 1/2 mos. (crosses fingers).

Definitely put me down for an acylic as well. My 125g freshwater rounded corner acrylic has been up for 5yrs, and have moved it 3 times without issue.

Hurry Chris Hurry!! Thanks

Dave

Chris....congratulations on moving upward and onward. Count me in as a nanocustoms future customer. As you may know, my recent replacement NC which arrived the other day does not have full thickness cracks but DOES have glass defects that makes me worried. HURRY!!!! LOL. JBJ required me to send back my hood and ballast on the old tank or they would bill me. I can't get myself to switch over to the new tank and I am holding my transfer and measuring the crack on my tank everyday. Here's to your new adventure. SH

Reefer Madness UK

I have been lurking around the site for a few weeks now, following the various threads on JBJ/cracks and the Nanocustoms "Super" Cube.

I sold my Perc 90 a few weeks ago and am now thinking of setting up a Nano.

Chris, when the project gets up and running, would you consider shipping to the U.K.?, we don't really have anything like this over here, i am convinced that there would be more than just me interested if the price was right, anyway good luck mate ;)

Pete.

I was supposed to be out to visit the manufacturer today and do a major design session, but my business partner was feeling ill. I will shoot for tomorrow or this weekend.

Thanks for the support

Chris

Still wish all of this was under a GLASS TANK and just a higher quality than what others have put out. It can be done, many other tanks out there have bowed corners and do not crack. Sounds like a killer tank tough!!

Just Acrylic....

I would be very interested as well. You should make an uber cube with all the stuff we all know and love, like MH, big pumps with Hydor Flow, Fuge Lights, Skimmer...yeah, all that. ;)

I am itchin to set up my super acrilicube w/dual 70's, a fuge and a closed loop. Chris will be my hero!! Keep us posted!!!!!

Tony

Lol-

I wouldnt say "hero"... I'll be out monday to snap pics. FYI, my partner in this venture is also involved in about 20+ companys, so trying to schedule a time to meet with him is like trying to find a needle in the haystack..

Lets keep our fingers crossed that I can get out to see him monday and snap some pics.

Viva Las Vegas!!!

Chris

Also planning a flat front replacement tank that will be made of tempered glass and possibly starphire. The feeding door will be redesigned to acommodate the new shape.

Chris

Originally posted by ccjung

Also planning a flat front replacement tank that will be made of tempered glass and possibly starphire. The feeding door will be redesigned to acommodate the new shape.

Now, THAT MAKE ME EXCITED!!!!!

Starphire nano!

Can I order one now?

LOL

Archived