Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone doing a hector or Rainfordi Goby?

10" Red Devil

10" Red Devil

Hello was wondering if anyone has one of these and what other fish you have in the tank with them.

I was thinking of getting one because I thought they were herbivores that love hair algae. Turns out they like the microogrinisms that reside in the hair algae like pods and such. Read that most starve within the first year in smaller tanks.

I have a 20 long connected to a 6 gallon sump, also have a aquaclear 300 refugium thats been up for about 2 weeks with some lone chaetomorpha.

Thanks.

reef_a_roni

I HAD A Rainfordi Goby IN ONE OF MY TANKS. I HAD HIM IN A 5.5G FOR AROUND 6 MONTHS AND HE DID GREAT. i HAD HIM BY HIMSELF SINCE THE TANK IS EVEN TOO SMALL FOR ONE OF THEM. i DON'T THINK THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE A PROB HAVING ONE IN A 20g TANK. I HAD MINE EATING BRINE AND EVEN MARINE FLAKE AFTER 3 WEEKS. i ALSO THINK THAT HAVING THE PODS AS LIVE FOOD FROM THE FUGE WILL HELP HIM ACCLIMATIZE WELL!

They don't eat hair algae; they actually eat the critters within. Both are poor choices, short-lived in captivity because they won'teat much else, and require a large, established tank. Ask Anthony Calfo about that; he's good about responding to questions personally via PM at RC.

10" Red Devil
Originally posted by Caesar777

They don't eat hair algae; they actually eat the critters within. Both are poor choices, short-lived in captivity because they won'teat much else, and require a large, established tank. Ask Anthony Calfo about that; he's good about responding to questions personally via PM at RC.

Yeah that is what I have read, but was just wanting comfirmation from all sources, thanks for your opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

You can try hectori, they are easier compared to rainfordi... IMO...

You can tried food like cyclopeeze... Kept mine for a few month...

If your tank have lotsa pods den it shouldnt be too much of a problem... THey will peck at the sand and some hair algae to look for pods...

Archived