Pod Your Reef

12G OG Lighting. A little confused..

coondogg97

I was looking at the 32 watt Current USA retro kit on Marine Depot's website. Marine Depot says this fixture is 15". But the 32 watt Current USA PCs on Marine Depot's website state they are 13" bulbs.. So im a little confused..

Will this work in the OG hood? Does the reflector in the retro kit make it 15"?

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewI...product=CU01601

If that is the case I would by the 2-36watt retro kit above and the 1-36 watt retro kit below and I should be set.. Right? And a couple of 60mm fans..

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewI...product=CU01611

Thanks for your help!

Brian

JAMAICANreef

its becuase that retro kit you are looking at has really big water resistant end caps...rubber, thats where the extra dimension comes from. I had those on the tank you were enquiring about too. however, becuase they were so bulky(long) and i had to install them slanted and therefore could only fit two bulbs versus the three i have now. Thats why im asking what im asking for that hood...becuase of what it comes with and the amount of work i put into it to cram three PCs that cleanly, and its basically brand new, i just ran out of space as you can see by the first pic in the thread. Anyways dude, if you are interested i still have my 2x32 sunpaq kit with the original bulbs if you want it..$65 shipped. Good luck, hope this helped...bc no one could answer this same question when i asked it..lol...go figure.

Nikko

Nikko - Can you share what kit you used to make your hood? SInce you are not selling your hood can you at least link me to the retro kits you used? The retro kit you are selling wont fit in my hood becuase of the big end caps. What kit do I use that doesnt have big water resistant end caps?? Also make sure you clean out your sent messages in your PM box.. That will fill your box up fast!!

Thanks,

Brian

Does anyone have this retro? Is it possible to dremmel the end caps? Any help would be appreciated. I want to get these things ordered.

Thanks,

Brian

JAMAICANreef

o that wud explain it...ive been wondering why it said my box was full..thanks alot..i did a diy install. Bought endcaps, clips, ballasts, bulbs...etc. They were bought from numerous websites ie. hellolights and nanocustoms. The answer to ur question is NO...u cannot dremel the endcaps on that kit..not enough to get it to fit str8 that is without grinding into wires.

Do a little reading...all you need is a ballast, endcap, bulb clips, bulb and some 16 gauge electrical wire...fairly cheap stuff that u wont have to destroy after purchase..then just open ur hood up and get to work.

Archived