Top Shelf Aquatics

Need Help Getting Top off 12g

aztecsd

I just picked up an original 12g cube this week to work with my son on(we'll mod the lighting a bit later). I did a bit of searching on the site and bought a Mini-jet 606, Hydorflo, and also did the cassette case mod. Today was the day to begin setting up the tank and I can't even get it off the ground. How do you get the top off the tank to run the replacement pump cord and heater through the back of the top? If you are looking at the front of the tank, it looks like you should be able to slide the top toward you. However, it won't budge. What am I missing here? What is trick in getting this top off the tank? Thanks in advance for helping out!

you need to push/pull it forward. I push it left to right and pull it towards me and it'll snap right out. do a quick search on this, I'm sure there's a topic covering it with detailed pics somewhere.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for responding reefin. After reading your response, I did a search with the word "canopy" and stumbled across somebody having the same problem with a 24g. I used some dish washing soap to loosen it up a bit and was finally able to forcefully wiggle it off. With all of the tanks cracking lately I was a little hesitant about putting too much "elbow grease" into it. I am going to use a dremel and take off the rough edges on the hinges. It seems I might have more than usual and the pins are getting hung up on it. Anyway, the top is off! Thanks.

Archived