inTank Media Baskets

Upgrading Fans - 60mm to 80mm

LVReefer

I have seen threads around different forums (including the beginners section here) in regards to not only replacing stock Nano Cube fans but installing 80mm fans. Now I'm not here to debate if this is a good idea or not. What I want to do is just let you guys know that instead of making the holes larger and glueing them in, use a computer fan adapter. http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...9254&pfp=BROWSE

In my experience the stock fans do a fine job. I have tried others and have found some larger fans to be ineffective.

The fans aren't going to make the difference I don't think. Pull down ambient temps or buy the ICA form nanocustoms.

I just wanted to give someone a heads up before hacking up their Nano Cube. Several people have been doing this without any mention of the 60mm to 80mm adapter.

-ashburn- It will fit inside if you use a low profile 80mm fan.

-putz28- 80mm will move more air with less noise then any 60mm fan on the planet. Most people run into problems with either noisy or failed stock fans and upgrade them. The other reason being that they have shoved as many lights under the hood as posible, like me:D . And I totally agree ambient temps have everything to do with temp pull down when you are cooling with fans. Just bought my ICA I'll get some pics when I get it in place;) .

Thanks for the feed back guys..

the 80mm will not allow much more flow as it will end up blocking air movement. I've tried many different fans.

Ambient is all that matters once you pound in the lights.

If you have a stock nano then go with a dedicated 12v adapter for the fans, it'll pump more air with a bit more noise. The upgraded lights will hardly affect the temps if you pump the fans. The stock nano at my LFS runs at higher temps than my moded cube without the ICA.

I'm keeping my cube below 81 now with stock fans on a Larnie. Nothing other than ambient will help at this point. Of course my ICA is due any day which will give me balance...and hopefully lower my ac bill. :)

you bet my 60's run a bit louder at 12v than stock, but my nano has been running without my interaction...that speaks volumes.

That damn little tank runs itself.

We all do our own thing, ambient is much less up here in Ottawa but temps have been high. Forget about the 80mm and find a better fix.

Go with the ICA (which I am about to attempt) or lower you ambient. the fan will only move the air within its environment

Archived